Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

save_us.222 Video on RAW last night! (Will contain Spoilers!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

i wonder is it a full new move or will he go back to his old combo of double powerbomb into the liontamer? but given his training in lance storms wrestling school i wonder will it be a new submission & will he incorporate a few super kicks, can't see him using as a finisher do ala hbk, but possibly a set up for a finisher more like bret with the russian leg sweep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Please bring back the Liontamer.

Anyone know why he didn't use it in WWE?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

IIRC he did at the start, then he was asked to ease it up to prevent back injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Melion wrote: »
    IIRC he did at the start, then he was asked to ease it up to prevent back injuries.

Not on RAW he didn't. I've watched the entire 99 year about 2 months ago and he never used it.

VR!

Why can i recall him doing it on top of a cage?
    No idea who he was fighting, where it was, when it was but i have a strong memory of it.

I know the match you're refering to. It was against X-Pac (originally Shamrock but he left the company), i think it might have been No Mercy UK or one of the late 99 PPV's. But that was a standard walls i think.

Edit: On top of a cage? Cage's didn't have tops and the only hell in the cell i recall the guy in is in 2002 against HHH.
    VR!

Did he do it to Hx3?

I may have dreamt this btw

I honestly couldn't tell you, i think it might have been the regular walls of jericho (boston crab) but it's been about 4 years since i saw that match.

VR!

Either way he should bring it back because it actually looks like it could realistically hurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Melion wrote: »
    Why can i recall him doing it on top of a cage?
    No idea who he was fighting, where it was, when it was but i have a strong memory of it.

That was just your regular Boston Crab on top of HIAC in 02. It may have just looked more awkward because of the precariousness of being on top of the cage and because of how much give there was in the wire underfoot. I was genuinely worried it would give way when i saw that match at the time, it may even have broken a little if i remember rightly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Is this worth staying up for? The old 4 am finish is a bit too tough to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

^^^HELL YEAH!^^^

It's going to be one of those moments we'll be talking about for ages! It'll be worth it, mind you I have to be up for college at 7 tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I have an 8 am start. I guess I will give it a go. Hopefully they do it right. I think it is possible to think how he will debut anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

do you reckon this is going to be at the start or the end of the show?

minto you ain't the only one with a 7am start for college but i'm damn well staying up to see the ayatolloh of rock & rolla return. i wonder how they'll bring him out? seens the santino rock comparison was made on another thread maybe have him interupt santino? then again who cares "save_us.222" is "upon us" by the way anyone notice wwe.com teasing all the codes? last clip they show is "break the walls" & the last bit of writing above it is "break down the code" why ain't it time for it yet?

i think it's the 2nd half of the show evad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

want to watch but its way too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Apparently when they played the "23:32 to go" thing last night, it meant that it would be 9:45pm American time, which would be 2:45 our time, so that'd be the first half. I might stay up, the morning won't be fun though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

im gonna record it since im in vicar st @ 8am(and i have to get a 7am train:()

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

He might return tonight but how long will they hold off his in ring return?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

He might interupt a boastful Randy Orton talking about his legend killer gimmick then Jericho interupts saying he hasn't killed this legend and is here to save the wwe etc etc

Then again he won't go straight into a feud with the champ so doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

he could do....After all who else is he going to feud with....HHH & HBK are both faces....and I doubt it'll be Kennedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sky+ set to record my first RAW for 2 or 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Wish I could stay up for this, up at 6.30am so not a hope :(.....now would be a good time to have sky+. Don't think I'll see it now til Thursday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The joys of not having to drag my ass out of bed till 2 tomorrow ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

IM going to bed to set an alarm for three, it'll def be in the second half.

Unearthly wrote: »
    The joys of not having to drag my ass out of bed till 2 tomorrow ;)

Lucky bastard! :p

So, anyone still think it's not going to be Y2J? VR? No? Anyone?

Kanney wrote: »
    IM going to bed to set an alarm for three, it'll def be in the second half.

Your going to miss it, bud! All the adds and major news sites are saying 9.45, thats 2.45 here! Although, I first heard it was going to be 9.33, so I dunno. But I would kick myself if I got up and missed it, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Minto wrote: »
    Lucky bastard! :p

So, anyone still think it's not going to be Y2J? VR? No? Anyone?

I'd imagine VR will be glued to the screen :p

He should return at 2:22 our time, that'd be fitting

• Advertisement

Rebel Rock Chick, I'm looking forward to ribbing him about it tomorrow night on the podcast, lol! Although, I will admit that after the let down of 29/10(save_us.X29), that it might be Edge, so I can't take the piss too much!

BTW, there is still an open invitation for tomorrow night's recording! All ya need is a Skype account and a mic (preferably a headset though). Skype accounts only take about 5 mins to set up. So come on people, I'm giving ye a free shot at verbally berating VR (and myself, I suppose).

Minto, from one broadcast colleague to another, you truly are a proper c*nt. :)
    VR!

I'd imagine VR will be glued to the screen :p

Jesus christ, are you and Minto sleeping together or something?
    I will f*cking die laughing if it's not Jericho, seriously.

And unlike some (yes you RRC!) some of us DO have a box which will record it for me, so i'll find out tomorrow night before the podcast! :D

VR!

Minto, from one broadcast colleague to another, you truly are a proper c*nt. :)
    VR!

From you, VR, I'll take that as a compliment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

surely not even WWE can f*ck this one up ;)

Jesus christ, are you and Minto sleeping together or something?

I'm gonna paraphrase Shawn Michaels here:
    "I did not, I repeat, I did not sleep with Rebel Rock Chick, infact, we were up all night!" **Croth chops**
    I will f*cking die laughing if it's not Jericho, seriously.

Don't even joke about that, I'll cry if he doesn't cos, I'm gonna get the virtual sh*te kicked out of me by VR on the podcast!

If he doesn't show, i will spend forever rubbing it in before giving up on this particular thread. I know the deck is stacked and my cards are marked, but if my bluff is called, i will ****ing bask in it :D

Its not a case of WWE ****ing it up, it'll be a case of fans making complete idiots of themselves on presumption, and WWE telling them that they don't know everything. Hell even Jericho would be in on it. He's ribbed many a TNA fan over the years with fake promo posters.

Not long to wait either way
    VR!

PS: You're all questioning this in the back of your mind, and you know it!

i'm still only 50/50 despite last weeks stuff, either way we are in a win-win situation here

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i'm still only 50/50 despite last weeks stuff, either way we are in a win-win situation here

rossie is right here, Regardless if it is or isn't Jericho, it'll be the highest rated RAW for a long f*cking time and will be at least interesing.

Sadly, not interesting enough for me to stay up til silly o'clock in the morning to watch :D

VR!

yeah it will be interesting to see the ratings, june 18 was the last time raw hit 4 and it hasn't hit 4.6 since May 2002, though i think that figure is probably out of the question even tonite

• Advertisement

I think it'll be a 4-4.5 tonight!

If Jericho is coming back, i'm hedging my bets for the 3hr special WWE have planned in a week or two. But not before then.

VR!

PS: You're all questioning this in the back of your mind, and you know it!

It's Jericho

WWE have already blown two angles recently which cost them viewers, Vince's death and Vince's son. They couldn't really help the death angle, and even though they apparently had something else planned for the son one, they know that they left the viewers with a bad taste in their mouths, which caused ratings to drop. Even if the plan a couple of weeks ago was for Edge or someone else to show up tonight, I'd guarantee that they'd have switched it around and made Jericho come back now. But I'm sure the plan was for Jericho all along

The 3 hour Raw isn't for another 3 weeks, Jericho's finished his book tour as of last week. It's Jericho!

it's a swerve, music hits..."now back from the dead are you scared" out walks benoit

Fozzy wrote: »
    It's Jericho

Nothing so far!
    WWE have already blown two angles recently which cost them viewers, Vince's death and Vince's son. They couldn't really help the death angle, and even though they apparently had something else planned for the son one, they know that they left the viewers with a bad taste in their mouths, which caused ratings to drop. Even if the plan a couple of weeks ago was for Edge or someone else to show up tonight, I'd guarantee that they'd have switched it around and made Jericho come back now. But I'm sure the plan was for Jericho all along

Yes, but this isn't an angle, in fact this is ambigious as it gets. I don't care how many so called hints are in those videos, it's still as ambigious as it gets.
    The 3 hour Raw isn't for another 3 weeks, Jericho's finished his book tour as of last week. It's Jericho!

Still nothing so far. Haven't watched yet but i'm sure someone would have posted something by now if that was the case.

VR!

It's Jericho!

Sorry, it was Jeff

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

2.45 now. No Jericho yet......

And there i was thinking it was Umaga! ;)
    VR!

• Advertisement

Muff_Daddy wrote: »
    2.45 now. No Jericho yet......

Trust me, i'm right on this. There's more hope of a Joey Abs return (Hi Dre!) than there is of a Jericho return tonight!

VR!

Advertisement