Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

save_us.222 Video on RAW last night! (Will contain Spoilers!!)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I fell asleep during the Jeff - Umaga match, cant find it on youtube. Anyone wanna post a link to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

anyone else notice how small jericho looked. jamie noble and shannon moore et al are bigger than him now. How in the world can he be considered a heavyweight in his current state

hardy and umaga had a fine match, one of the best in recent months on raw, santino losing to jerry "stupid" lawler was a downer though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Santino does not deserve to go over a legend like Lawler though. As stale has his jokes and his letching is, he's still done a lot in Memphis and has done a lot of awesome work prior to WWE. Santino, as good as he is on the mic, he can't wrestle for sh*t.

Jericho was small, but at the same time he was cut. As for him being a heavyweight? Worked for Michaels in 2002 and Michaels was even smaller than 2002.

What i would like to know is who's doing his wardrobe? He looks gayer than George Michael right now, and that's saying something!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Santino does not deserve to go over a legend like Lawler though. As stale has his jokes and his letching is, he's still done a lot in Memphis and has done a lot of awesome work prior to WWE. Santino, as good as he is on the mic, he can't wrestle for sh*t.

VR!

lawler is nearly 60 and putting him over at the expense of santino (who in most peoples eyes is the best thing on raw at the moment) two weeks in a row is crazy, flukey and benjaminesque (over trips) as they were.

how many matches has lawler won since joining the wwe i wonder, certainly never won two weeks in a row as far as I remember

Bret Hart and Jerry Lawler spent the guts of 2 years putting each over on both house shows and PPV. Lawler is nearly 60 and is still ten times a better worker than Santino Marella. He's nowhere near the best thing as far as his ring work is concerned, he stinks up rings left right and centre. On the mic, he's won the fans over. In the ring, he has a lot of work to do.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

It's great to see Jericho back. Although, like VR above noted, they did drag it out a bit too long.

I don't think he'll be the messiah everyone is expecting him to be. Raw still has the same creative team backstage as they did last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

For those that didn't stay up.....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3j3co_y2j-chris-jericho-returns-to-raw-11_sport

Love the waistcoat! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

would you say jericho is scripted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Snapper1 wrote: »
    For those that didn't stay up.....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3j3co_y2j-chris-jericho-returns-to-raw-11_sport

Love the waistcoat! :o
    gone already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

ec18 wrote: »
    gone already

DAYUMM!

ec18 wrote: »
    would you say jericho is scripted?

Definitely. If that was one of Jericho's "own rolled" promo's, then he desperately needs practice.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

For those saying Jericho is too small - shut the **** up. Yer the same crowd who moan about too many wrestlers dying young and the abuse of steroids and so on. Then Jericho returns, one of the best of all time, and all you can think about is the fact that he has lost some muscle. Seriously, shut up.

VR_wrong.222

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

i think the deal with the waistcoat was that it was the same thing he was wearing in 1999!

Nah, he was wearing kinda sleeveless long jacket-shirts. He wore the sparkly one for the first time at Wrestlemania 16 (he notes it during the commentary of that match on the DVD and he wore it for the Wrestlemania after that too)

Ger, i've already admitted this, welcome to this morning!
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Jesus christ, are you and Minto sleeping together or something?
    I will f*cking die laughing if it's not Jericho, seriously.
    Minto wrote:
    I'm gonna paraphrase Shawn Michaels here:
    "I did not, I repeat, I did not sleep with Rebel Rock Chick, infact, we were up all night!" **Croth chops**

WTF?! Ok I return to find this a few hours later….Do ye mind keeping me out of yer weird little conversations lads! lol
    And unlike some (yes you RRC!) some of us DO have a box which will record it for me, so i'll find out tomorrow night before the podcast!

Oh cheap shot :p.....your just great then aren't you :rolleyes:
    PS: You're all questioning this in the back of your mind, and you know it!

Never questioned it for a second tbh! If the clues, leaks and magazine cover were not enough proof….Who were you expecting?

Great to have Y2J back!! :D

• Advertisement

WTF?! Ok I return to find this a few hours later….Do ye mind keeping me out of yer weird little conversations lads! lol

Oh cheap shot :p.....your just great then aren't you :rolleyes:

Aw come on, we're just having a little fun is all. No malice intended and if you found it offensive, i'll at least apologise. :) It was 3am in the morning and i was definitely sleep deprived.

Never questioned it for a second tbh! If the clues, leaks and magazine cover were not enough proof….Who were you expecting?

Great to have Y2J back!! :D

I said from the beginning (check the thread) that i would only believe it when i saw it. A leaked magazine shot proved nothing to me at all. The clues could have been anyone as far as i was concerned. I was still dubious after the clothesline. The pose was obvious, but i wasn't gonna believe it (and to his credit, neither did Fozzy) until we saw his face.

The second his face was exposed, i threw my hands in the air, admitted i was wrong and that humble pie tasted great.

Admit it though, it was a fun few weeks! :D
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I didnt think it was scripted, i actually thought it was a good promo given the standards lately he actually looked interested though and like he believed what he was saying

Glad i didnt stay up though would have been like a dog if i had watched the whole 2 hrs and all the ad breaks only for Jericho to show up in overtime

I missed the guts of the first hour. I tried to sleep and couldn't, so i went up and watched it. I'm actually glad i did cos i had a good time bouncing off Fozzy's posts during what was up til the last 10 minutes, a very mundane RAW. I caught it just as Umaga v Jeff started.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The pose was obvious, but i wasn't gonna believe it (and to his credit, neither did Fozzy) until we saw his face.

I made my "What do ya say VR?!" post before I saw his face! The leaked magazine proved that he was coming back, as if it hadn't already been clear from some interviews he'd done. Like I said last night, WWE knew they couldn't screw over the fans again with a big angle, so there was honestly no doubt in my mind that it was Jericho

My apologies if i read that wrong, although i was hanging on by a thread at 4am this morning! Ended up 25 minutes late for work too but i still say it was fun.

As for WWE not screwing over the fans, they've done it several times in the past, hence why i didn't rule it out.

VR!

• Advertisement

Ok so he's back!, what now do you think he will wrestle next week on Raw or will they hold it off, will he appear on ECW or SD?,

Must say I am looking forward to his new finisher if that is true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

Yes the Sexy Beast is back

Welcome back Y2J:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Unfortunately, even if he does go into a main event feud with Randy, they won't draw and one or both will be pushed back down the card.

Drawing is an old skool concern it doesnt worry WWE, do you think Khali was a draw as champ?, does Batista draw?

I think he'd be wasted on RAW in the long term to be honest. SD needs more star power. Giving him to ECW would be like feeding strawberries to pigs!!!

VR!

I didn't mean long term sorry I meant this week

EdK wrote: »
    Drawing is an old skool concern it doesnt worry WWE, do you think Khali was a draw as champ?, does Batista draw?

Khali does draw as a short term champ, Batista draws with the kids. WWE are going back to the face v big monster heel mentality they had in the 80s, early 90s.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

EdK wrote: »
    Drawing is an old skool concern it doesnt worry WWE

Eh, no. There's a reason why John Cena was champ for so long.

• Advertisement

its not as important as it was though judging by some of their decisions

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

anyone else think that Jericho really looks like jon bon jovi???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Couple of thoughts...

- The crowd were crap. I hate those yank audiences where they just stand around and don't react. Too bad it wasn't in New York, Chicago or pretty much any part of Canada as they would have reacted a hell of a lot better.

- Wasn't crazy with how they showed Y2J before the entrance. I could be mistaken but I seem to recall them doing something similar with Bischoff a few years back where they had him appear on screen with Booker in a segment prior to having him come out as the new GM of Raw. I think they should have just shown the torch guy laid out mysteriously and then just gone ahead with the entrance.

- The promo was decent but I would have liked to hear him tell Orton to please...shut....the hell...up! That's his best catchphrase after all.

I thought it was a good return and I have it on video and intend to keep it but I feel it could have been done better and the crowd took something away from it, for me at least. I hoped it would come close to his killer debut but in the end it wasn't a patch on it.

I could be mistaken but I seem to recall them doing something similar with Bischoff a few years back where they had him appear on screen with Booker in a segment prior to having him come out as the new GM of Raw. I think they should have just shown the torch guy laid out mysteriously and then just gone ahead with the entrance.

You're not mistaken, Granted it was still a shock to see Bischoff there on the stage, the mystery of that entire RAW about who was going to arrive was gone out the window the second the camera turned to Bischoff before he was announced.
    I thought it was a good return and I have it on video and intend to keep it but I feel it could have been done better and the crowd took something away from it, for me at least. I hoped it would come close to his killer debut but in the end it wasn't a patch on it.

Crowd killed it, dragging it for too long killed a lot of interest from people too i think, promo was watered down. Very underwhelming i thought.

Will be interesting to see where they go from here.
    VR!

So Funny VR ,

Save us 222

Break the walls Down

Its Edge :P

Absolutely, it's not like WWE to give it away now is it?
    Whoop de do, i was wrong, get over it. It's still nowhere near as off as you telling everyone Joey Abs was nailing Lita at the time Matt Hardy dumped her. ;)

Now THAT, that was funny.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The next few weeks they'll be in North Carolina and New York a good few times, those crowds are usually good

As for Jericho wrestling next week, I doubt it. They'll have people watching next week to see Jericho and they'll probably hold off a match until the week after to get those fans to come back. There's always the chance that they'll throw him in with Carlito next week though

Would be a bad idea having Jericho try and do his return match on RAW next week. If it's in North Carolina and Flair is returning, that's Jericho's momentum killed off the minute he built it.

VR!

anyone else think that Jericho really looks like jon bon jovi???

He looks like Jack Bauer/Kiefer Sutherland

• Advertisement

Absolutely, it's not like WWE to give it away now is it?
    Whoop de do, i was wrong, get over it. It's still nowhere near as off as you telling everyone Joey Abs was nailing Lita at the time Matt Hardy dumped her. ;)

Now THAT, that was funny.
    VR!

Do you actually think i will let you get away with this one ? Up untill last night you were saying this . Sorry i left my msn on in work , i didnt see it untill thismorning . HAH

Just before Jericho came out , were you on the "Edge" of your seat ? :)

I don't expect anyone to let me away with it. I'll take it on the chin and like it.
    But over the course of the last few weeks, playing devils advocate has turned this thread into one of the most fun threads the PW forum has had in a while.

Yup, guilty as charged there. :D
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I don't expect anyone to let me away with it. I'll take it on the chin and like it.
    But over the course of the last few weeks, playing devils advocate has turned this thread into one of the most fun threads the PW forum has had in a while.

Yup, guilty as charged there. :D
    VR!

Introducing the Paris Hilton of the Boards Wrestling forum. :D

It lacks the climax of you leaving the board had you taken my bet on though.

Introducing the Paris Hilton of the Boards Wrestling forum. :D

I'm sure you were looking in the mirror and pouting as you were saying that and all! :D

VR!

No come on , Personal Issues cant be beat .

• Advertisement

It lacks the climax of you leaving the board had you taken my bet on though.

You'd miss me too much had i taken on that bet and lost.
    VR!

No come on , Personal Issues cant be beat .

Re-read the post Dre, i said in the PW forum, not PI.
    Time for those new contacts you were discussing a few months back methinks. ;)

VR!

You'd miss me too much had i taken on that bet and lost.

That's another thing your wrong about.

That's another thing your wrong about.
    Nowhere near as wrong as your spelling of "you're" though! :D
    But seeing as you're so bitter that i didn't take the bet, i'll give you a consolation prize. As of right now i will abstain from this forum until new years day 2008. Myself and Minto are recording the podcast tonight, and it will be the last one until Christmas anyway as he's up to his eyeballs in the weeks leading up to Christmas, as am I.

So thats six weeks, prepared to be bored silly! Time starts now!
    VR!

Nowhere near as wrong as your spelling of "you're" though!

Trust me, my poor grammar gets pointed out to me on a daily basis by 11 year olds. I do my best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement