Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

save_us.222 Video on RAW last night! (Will contain Spoilers!!)

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

loved Jerichos impression of Orton, although Orton should have been built as more of a monster heel before Jericho returned to "save us", Orton was flattened 5 weeks in a row by Michaels,and had to get himself disqualified to prevent losing the title, hardly building him to be a devastating threat to the WWE now was it?if they'd have had him run over a lot more people first then the hole unstoppable Orton thing would have been better,still though the roster has 2 more stars back with Jericho and Edge so more feud possiblities have opened, i was well pissed when the showed him first, and find it hilarious that Steph Mcmahon was fuming that word he was coming back leaked out weeks ago, possibly the worst kept secret in wrestling since Mr America was around! they ruined Goldbergs debut too by showing him strolling to the stage first,i know that was his entrance but at least keep it for a match not his debut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Well he did beat HHH and Michaels at the last 2 PPV's and they're giving him credit for taking out Cena. And if you go back far enough he "took out" RVD as well. He's been built up as being cunning and sly and most importantly able to beat people! Why does he have to be a monster? Why can't there just be 2 excellent wrestlers going head to head to see who's better like (Stone Cold V Rock, Rock V HHH, etc). I don't know why people always feel there needs to be a "monster" character. I supposse they could just put Snitsky or Viscera in there instead!

amull87 wrote: »
    Well he did beat HHH and Michaels at the last 2 PPV's and they're giving him credit for taking out Cena. And if you go back far enough he "took out" RVD as well. He's been built up as being cunning and sly and most importantly able to beat people! Why does he have to be a monster? Why can't there just be 2 excellent wrestlers going head to head to see who's better like (Stone Cold V Rock, Rock V HHH, etc). I don't know why people always feel there needs to be a "monster" character. I supposse they could just put Snitsky or Viscera in there instead!

I didnt really mean it as in the umaga/khali type monster, more a HHH whenhe was beating everyone/Austin running through the roster type heel, I do like Orton though, after Edge hes the best heel in the company

chris_jericho_small.jpg

gotta love Jerichos superstar profile pic on wwe.com, looks like someone just told him they farted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

yeah that's pretty gold. Given he said he's not growing it long again, anyone else think he looks too conservative with short hair? I just can't quite believe his rock'n'roll lines. Looks like he's about to start a presidential debate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

amull87 wrote: »
    yeah that's pretty gold. Given he said he's not growing it long again, anyone else think he looks too conservative with short hair?

He looks like a metrosexual. Definitely needs to grow it longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I watched the return vid on wwe.com and couldn't help but smile. I hadn't realised how much i've missed Y2J!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

An awful lot of moaning going on in this thread.
    You didn't like the return?
    That's what happens when you look into things too much.

I really enjoyed it.

Fair enough, it was a crap RAW, so anything would have looked good at the end of the show, but it's still great to see Jericho back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I definately enjoyed the bit I saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Just finished watching RAW, gotta say the clothesline got a laugh out of me. Been a Jericho fan since I saw Fozzy play, man that guy is just damned entertaining. Looking forward to seeing him back in the ring

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Chris jericho has a huge head, no wonder he kept th hair long to cover it.

Seriously though, this was mildly underwhelming, then again the surprise factor was gone long ago.

One thing he was right about was Orton on the mic. I ****ing hate that droning overly deep monotone he speaks in. And he was quite visibly lost during that debate with HBK last week, even though Michaels practically FED him his lines. If he doesn't improve soon I'm gonna rapidly tire of him as champion. Its a pity because in most other respects Orton is fairly good: he carries himself like a champ, he's capable of decent matches, his facial expressions are good and he sells like a trooper for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Terry wrote: »
    An awful lot of moaning going on in this thread.

Isnt that pretty much all that happens on this board? I swear to god I think the only reason most of the internet wrestling community are fans is so they have an outlet for their moaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Orton did just beat Michaels clean in the middle of the ring (stipulations played their part, but still). so thats a win over the top face on Raw. Along with the other aspects, like "taking out" Cena and RVD, I think Orton has been built into quite the monster (for want of a way better word) champion. No character has been built up as well as Orton has over the lsat 6-10 months. Good work WWE.

Jericho's return was fine, I didn't like the clothesline for the fact that it showed him before he appeared on the ramp. His promo was ok, but I thought the crowd reaction was great, hence why he milked it for so long! Great to see him back!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Isnt that pretty much all that happens on this board? I swear to god I think the only reason most of the internet wrestling community are fans is so they have an outlet for their moaning.
    I was probably a bit harsh with that comment.
    I was still on a high after marking out for Jericho and this thread put a bit of a downer on it.
    I'm just gonna watch it again now and mark out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

MikeHoncho wrote: »

I thought that was a given!

Its the ones who tune in week after wek religiously only to bitch about EVERYTHING that really piss me off. Its not as if there's no alternatives oit there, or indeed older tapes/DVD;'s they could be watching if the current product is as bad as they say it is.

Personally I watch current WWE when and if I can and try to enjoy if for the stuff I can stilll dig and just let the ****tier stuff go. In the meantime I'm neck deep in Japanese stuff and ROH as well as the older stuff that appeal more to my taste as a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Thought the whole break the code sequence was a bit stupid after he clotheslined the runner....everyone knew who it was

Advertisement