Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Credit Card Deals??

Options
  • 25-09-2007 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Whats the best Credit Card deals available??

I never pay interest and run up large amounts on my cards. In the UK you can get as much as 4% cash back on your spendings. Here in Ireland AIB offer 0.5% with their John Rocha card... does anyone know of any better offers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Littlepete

I'd never use american express, some years ago i worked with a retail business that wouldn't accept them - their reasoning is that they gave them a raw deal - charged higher commissions and if they were stolen and used they wouldnt honor them!

Dont know if this is still true.

To me its a bit risky/ annoying to have a card that might not be accepted.

1% thought really is good. Anyone else offering 1%???

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Not that I'm aware of.

Amex is pretty widely accepted, but yes - not everywhere and they do charge higher processing fees than other issuers. As for the stolen/used issue, your best bet is to check with them directly.

To be honest, cashback cards (to me) are just pointless. You end up spending more, thinking you're getting a good deal (which is exactly what the banks want you to do).

Advertisement