Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Rush Tickets arrived yesterday :)

• 25-09-2007 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Well thats about it really hahahahah I just HAD to share the news with my rocking kings/queens buddies on here :)

cant wait...ciao' amigos....Baggio.......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

got mine ages ago. I've still got nowhere to stay after the show though :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

got mine ages ago. I've still got nowhere to stay after the show though :confused:
    which show(s) , TNMS have organised tickets and hotels, and busses between gigs, and to the hotels after the gigs, i should be able to sort something for you.
    Got mine as well, Newcastle, Wembley 2, Birmingham and Manchester, plus 2 for Rotterdam. I have to pass on the Newcastle gig though for personal reasons.:(

I'm going to wembley with a mate. We're flying in early wednesday and leaving late on thursday. We were thinking of just going to a hostel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

"We are the priests of the temple of cyrynx"

That's the **** I'm talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Still no sign of mine for Manchester, I think I'll be calling the ticket sellers today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

my whole band "Never Say Die" are going over on the day of the concert....no where to stay either,,haha not sure what we'll do...but we'll be there for sure.

Baggio.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

damonjewel wrote:
    Still no sign of mine for Manchester, I think I'll be calling the ticket sellers today

Keep checking the post - I got mine on monday...

ok. Ashley who orgainised the group bookings for tnms has no problem finding rooms for anyone stuck.pm me if anyone needs a room.:cool:
    great idea to exchange phone no's as well, great to meet some fans from here, for years i thought i was the only one. lol.
    cheers Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Yes got mine this morning!

Getting soundbites re mobile phone from the Glasgow Gig tonight.

• Advertisement

Got some samples from the Glasgow, Newcastle and Sheffiels gigs, the band is on fire, i have never heard them play as tight, and the set list, simply stunning.:cool:

Got my hotel booked and now am just looking forward to getting on the plane tomorrow! Woo, Rush!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just after getting back from this.

I was going into Wembley with my sister and there was a problem with our tickets. They wouldn't let us in.

Freaked out, went to the box office. Turned out the mixing desk had to take over our seats. So rather than sitting half way back and looking at dots on stage, we were moved right up to the front to the tier left of the stage. We were so close that I reckon with a bit of a stretch I could have grabbed one of Alex's guitars. :D

So that was a nice little surprise. Oh and the concert wasn't half bad either. ;)

Mother of god they were amazing! No 2112 though :(

But the lasers and stuff were so amazing, and Pearts solo *drool*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mother of god they were amazing! No 2112 though :(

No 2112 Overture, but they did play A Passage to Bangkok ;)

Ah I know what you mean. I've wanted to hear Overture live for a very long time. Thankfully I'd given in and checked the track list ages before I went. So I knew not to expect any of their older stuff.

Quite a bit from Permanent Waves though, so that had me happy. Plus they played Witch Hunt :D One of my favs.

they also pretty much played the entire Snakes & Arrows album!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

what a gig
    some if my many highlights
    witch hunt
    natural science
    yyz
    sorry to sound all yankie but they are a feckin awesome band!!!
    johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Manchester last night, feckin brilliant. Limelight, Circumstances, Natural Science Passage to Bangkok, Digital Man all amazing, thought the new material was really good, can't get Armour & Sword and the Main Monkey Business out of my head, which is a good thing! Stood for the whole gig and I'm bleeding knackered and probably pissed off a few people sitting behind me, but f*ck em:p

Was in the NEC friday night,

.....great show for sure...good venue i thought, Peart's solo was excellent, Lee was the usual wizard...terrific show by him,,Lifeson as good as ever,,,but I was surprised he used only Gibson and Les Pauls (i think) all night...not a PRS or Fender in site..the one slight prob I thought was his guitar sound at times seemed drowned out, and I really dont think Gibsons do his style justice,,,not now anyway...that may sound daft with a wizzard like him, but I thought his playing was just a tad less smooth than usual and that the PRS's seem to be more his type of guitar...maybe I'm wrong but there ya go.
    Was veryy surprised the amount of RUSH fans I kept bumping into in the airport, and how many times security guys kept saying to me "Another Rush fan?!"......again the pilot on the plane must have spotted how many were on the plane I counted 12 on my own flight....pilot wished the fans a great concert :)..maybe HE was a fan hahaha
    Anyway..a great show by the 3 mastercraftsmen, hope to see em again someday.....Peart's kit sounded great veryy biiiiggg...he mentions in the programme how the guys in DW have developed the new Vertical Ply system of grading the drum shells and how much bigger and warmer the drums all sound compared to previous kits, oh and ......the "Aztec Red" finish?....classsss.
    As usual the lights and lazer shows were superb/top notch...My bandmates certainly enjoyed the whole experience..now we're all maaad to get playing live again! haha such inspiration indeed.

ciao' amigos....Baggio...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

I was at Manchester last night - absolutely brillian,t one of the best gigs I've ever seen. 'Witch Hunt' was amazing, the new material sounded great too...and the drum solo - wonderful stuff!

Lots of Rush t-shirts on the flight home too - and a few people at EuCon were quite surprised that they've never played in Ireland. That said they don't too Europe that much so I'm not going to complain, the crowd was great last night & the venue was top notch.

• Advertisement

What a fantastic 8 days, just home from Rotterdam. met so many people, had a blast.Rotterdam 2,and Manchester the highlights. We were the nuts going crazy in block 102 -103, got lots of interaction from Alex. Managed to grab a Chicken t-shirt from Alex.so many highlights, so much beer and wine, so many memories.just about survived the 6 gigs, one of my friends did 21 so far, with more to go,

Galway...you must be cutting back a bit are you?..hahaha ;)
    was great at NEC saw lots of RUSHTshirts at the airports for sure.....been watching the innevitable clips on youtube some great stuff/memories...luuuv the start of the show ahahh great fun for sure...and now the Rotterdam show has been filmed!...nice one...well people really do luuuv their live shows for sure and live DVD's for deffo.
    Still can't figure out why Alex used only Gibson guitars..much as i luv his quality and style,,Im STILL certain they dont bring out the best in his playing...the PRS's deffinately suit him and tyhe music better than Gibsons at this stage. Did notice Geddy strapping on a nice Rickenbacker at one stage...nice one :) and South Park got a look in haha
    Next time I'll have to catch more than 1 show for sure.....like to see them in Milan thats a tasty gig if ever there was one. Keep me posted on that RUSH weekend in Galway..will just HAVE to be there haha

ciao' amigos....Baggio......

Galway Rush meet provisionally set for some time in May.;)

sounds gooooood ;)

im so there dudes!
    j

Galway Rush bash, looks like the weekend close to the 16th to 18th may.
    Fantastic Rush cover band called Counterparts.

ill make sure to clear all to be there....
    ............hmmm would luuuuv to bring our band down too and of course the mighty "Red Machine"...maybe might try to set up a gig on the same weekend that doesnt clash with the RUSH cover band of course!..i wanna see em too!!!

hmmm will be a great weekend for sure :)..keep me posted galwayrush please my man :),.......,hey you on myspace by the way??...i am myself if ya wanna see ol' loudmouth drumming in mini vid and pix of moi and all those crazy drums:

www.myspace.com/markobaggio enjoy!

ciao' amigo...Baggio...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

what venue do you have in mind?
    J

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Cheers for the linky Mike, never thought I'd see a positive Rush review in a "quality" English broadsheet. Far Cry indeed;)

Advertisement