Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone.ie website

• 25-09-2007 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Is it just me, or is this the slowest most unreliable website ever ? It's been like this for years.

I would expect a big company like this to have a professional, well designed site. Instead, it's very slow, you get a 'certificate error' when you log in, online top ups often fail, and the multimedia centre crashes whenever I try to view a picture. And overall it's very difficult to naviagte to where you want.

Come on vodafone, you can do better than this pile of junk...:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Mr Mojo

It's fairly $hite alright, tried to change my login password about a year ago, after looking for about 20 minutes I just gave up & called it a day!

I only ever use the webtext section, that bit works grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭dubmick

Mr Mojo wrote:

I only ever use the webtext section, that bit works grand.

For some reason when I go to this page on Firefox it crashes Vista. Pain in the arse.

I stand corrected, I'm not surprised though it sounds like an all round shambles to me.

I'm using Firefox & XP, so yours is probably a Vista issue.

They defo need a kick up the hole though, they obviously have a load of compatibility issues. You'd think their web site would be right near the top of their priorities. Maybe a stern email or two is needed.

Jesus, that was quick!

Vodafone have updated their website. Haven't had a good look round yet, but the navigation has improved. Hopefully they've sorted out the compatibility issues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Yes, new website is a complete overhaul of the original which is a nice change but i don't like the new vertical layout of the shop- you have to scroll a lot now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Apparently it's just the walls that have been painted and some new photos hung. The underlying design and workings are all the same.

So I'm told by someone who reckons they know ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

ciaranfo wrote: »
    Apparently it's just the walls that have been painted and some new photos hung. The underlying design and workings are all the same.

So I'm told by someone who reckons they know ;)

I reckoned as much... The functionality is the exact same..

In the webtext area, when you sent a message (clicked send), the next page showed the text of the message and the recipients.

Now it just shows the recipients... I liked the text summary as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

That someone was me. I was updating my script for sending webtexts with vodafone and all that was necessary was set it to look for "message sent!" on the page instead of "the above message was sent to:" to confirm a text was sent successfully and one or two other similar changes. All the mechanics of logging in and sending the message was exactly the same

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

ciaranfo wrote: »
    Apparently it's just the walls that have been painted and some new photos hung.

And made it slower. For me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Put it this way, it's about as bad as the O2.ie web site...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

That's cold ;)

Don't like the new look myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

their website is too painful to look at anyway. too damn red!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Well -one thing is definitely better -the fact that you can log in for 24 hours at a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Big Dee

culabula wrote: »
    Well -one thing is definitely better -the fact that you can log in for 24 hours at a go.

Totally agree - the old 5 minute timeout thing was a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

On the home page there is a link to "view prepay phones" with an image showing a few nice phones that includes the new razr2 but i cant find the razr 2 anywhere on their site- are they due to start selling it soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Vodafone.ie seems to have undergone a makeover, making it seem less like the poorer sibling of the UK company. But, they've a picture of the 8600 Luna on the front page, and no sign of the phone anywhere inside. They're supposed to be refreshing phones for a long time, and we're still waiting for the likes of the e90 ... and on top of it all, the website is as slow as swimming through treacle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

JDxtra wrote: »
    Put it this way, it's about as bad as the O2.ie web site...

but tonnes better than the Meteor pile of sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭chasm

Ive been getting error messages on it this morning any time i try to do anything on it-it's doing my head in.

Id do your homework on a phone before you buy one off their site as they are still advertising the SE z310i as having video recording, when it doesnt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

ned78 wrote: »
    Vodafone.ie seems to have undergone a makeover, making it seem less like the poorer sibling of the UK company. But, they've a picture of the 8600 Luna on the front page, and no sign of the phone anywhere inside. They're supposed to be refreshing phones for a long time, and we're still waiting for the likes of the e90 ... and on top of it all, the website is as slow as swimming through treacle!

The N95 is nowhere to be found either.:rolleyes:

To think that they have so many people wantingto buy their products but they seem to want to put obstacles in our way... sense??

And +1 for RC28. Who wants to have to scroll 50 times thorugh a webpage to find just 1 product? The only thing I want to scroll through is text.....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Whats the story with the certificate Error coming up on the Vodafone.ie Site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Yeah, I'm getting an error every time I want to view my unbilled calls. Just gonna harras the 1907 people now instead, they have only themselves to blame.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

You can't check your balance or remaining minutes from 11pm-7am via website or text according to 1907, as they are "updating account info".

Message on the website or in the balance texts would be helpful...

BTW I found you can check your remaining mins by texting Mybalance to 1907

Advertisement