Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Website- honest opinion

• 25-09-2007 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi,

I'm after putting my site live and I'm looking for peoples honest opinions.

Please any advice/ criticisms greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 attica2k

It can also be accessed from chezriviera.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Coming at this from a designer / developer / viewer... a quick ... run down ...

Its Nice ... and by that I mean .. the weather its giving me is "Nice" 21 degrees partly cloudy :P

Its a nice enough site ...

Direct Callback looks completely out of place ...

You're News scroller or whatever it is ... is giving me an error ... you're out of temp space ...

menu I'm not too keen on ... it appears too far down .. and semi doesn't stand out enough ...

You're using table designs ... thats a no no ...

From a search engine point of view ... Welcome to Chez Riviera - page ... isn't the best for all the pages ...

Logo is quite nice ... lots of puns intended ...

from a coding point of view ... I'd drop the javascript from each of the pages and have it in an include ...

You've got <br's> in your head ... of the document ..

You're meta description / keywords are the same ... and I believe you're going to be crucified by search engines for using so many keywords ... this is gonna hurt you on searches ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You have zero pages cached in Google - this will fix that.

Www or no-www - pick one.

I agree with using standards based (non-tables) layout. Also same for jscript. Cut your meta kws by 90%, way ott.

I don't like the cloudy banner or way the call-to-actions appear, but that's subjective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Out of interest what did you use to power your property section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PropertyJungle

Out of interest what did you use to power your property section?

Hi there, Chez Riviera use our bespoke database application. It's a PHP application hosted on a dedicated server in the UK which allows either a user input to enter properties or it can take XML feeds from companies such as Dezrez and it also exports to all major property portals (providing you have an account with them)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 juno1

forbairt wrote:
    You're meta description / keywords are the same ... and I believe you're going to be crucified by search engines for using so many keywords ... this is gonna hurt you on searches ...

agreed. try and taylor meta kws and meta description to each individual page. each page should also carry an individual title.

have you thought about adding breadcrumbs? improves navigation & user experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭antog86

From a purely consumer point of view, i like it. Clear and easy to use!

Good job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 black_glass

just a little thing I know but clicking on the logo does not bring you back to the homepage! otherwise its quite nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pres

to be honest im not mad about some parts of it. If i were you i would get rid of the clouds, its pointless. it wont make people decide to buy and it ruins the style and feel of the site. also, drop the slideshow of images on the left. its too large and distracting. i like everything besides the images on either side and the clouds. its nice enough though. good layout (besides images) and nice colour scheme enough it may be a bit weak, maybe introduce some stronger colours, give the site some balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭rusnakova

Hi Attica,

I like the layout and the design - as said already - clear and simple. However, did you use any marketing consultant or you created the copy yourself?

I was thinking, maybe it could help to targer more the benefits for visitors, not to start speaking about yourself - nobody is usually interested. You have a few of these benefits in the text but do you think people will read it? What about arranging them under bulletpoints - bang, bang, you get this, this - would you be interested?

Moreover, a handful of testimonials on the homepage below the news section would help - ask your happy customers (you certainly have some) to give you a short written testimonial saying how you helped them. You can make them changing/scrolling to prove the quality of your service.

Hope this helps.

Simona Rusnakova

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 philliptemple

Simona, they do not need marketing consultant. They ripped off the layout, design, menus, and copy from http://www.medinheaven.co.uk/.

forbairt, juno1, trojan, the meta tags are like that because they did view source on the above site, and cut and pasted it into theirs.

PropertyJungle, did you do the site? If so would you like to contact me?

Phillip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pres

ah oh spagetti o!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Woogie Boogie

for me the content is a bit "wordy" maybe consider using some techniques to break it up a little

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PropertyJungle

Simona, they do not need marketing consultant. They ripped off the layout, design, menus, and copy from http://www.medinheaven.co.uk/.

forbairt, juno1, trojan, the meta tags are like that because they did view source on the above site, and cut and pasted it into theirs.

PropertyJungle, did you do the site? If so would you like to contact me?

Phillip.

Hi Philip, the layout and design don't really resemble medinheaven at all unless I'm missing something? With regards to the menus/content, this is something you'd need to take up with Chez Riviera, (their contact details are on their web site) as all the content was supplied by them. If you need to discuss this further if you could drop me your email address via a private message and I'll look into it further.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Once in a very

Hello there my name is Brian Collins and I was quite impressed with your site.
    Please check out my site at www.bluemoonpromotions.ie and tell me wwhat yyou think of it. Kinnd regards,
    Brian.

Advertisement