Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC TyTN II Settings for Vodafone internet

• 25-09-2007 6:39pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Just got myself a TyTN II - what a machine :D

Anywho I can't get it working with my Voda 3G sim card for Internet browsing.
    I keep getting a connection lost error message - and it says it's connected
    It works fine for calls and Can use the net on Wi-Fi.

I know a few people on here have them.
    any help appreciated

Mik

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The vodafone internet settings are i the sticky at the top of the forum. Post back here if you have trouble entering them

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheers - I have tried these but they are not working - and I can't see where to enter all the details :(
    It's running Windows Mobile 6

Cheers

Anyone?
    I'm trying to use the Vodafone Live APN

Mik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

What can you find and what cant you find? I've never used one of those but if you have a quick google or read the manual you should find the place to enter them all

Well I've checked the manual and the net and am no further on!
    I can go to setting up a new connection and I get the option so select country and operator and then the device downloads the settings.
    If I go to the connection settings I get:
    Connection Name = vodafone Live!
    Modem = cellular line (GPRS, 3G)
    Access point name = live.vodafone.com
    User name
    Password

I cannot see anywhere to enter Gateway IP Address or Port number

Mik :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

I've got a windows mobile htc p3600, very similar device to the tytn II but i've never been able to use either PocketIE (native web browser) or Pocket Outlook (native email app) with the live apn unfortunately.

I have only ever been able to connect to the net with the Opera Mobile web browser which IMHO is not great.

I've never been able to reliably connect any other windows mobile 3rd party apps to the live apn either. No gmail java app or AFT either. :rolleyes:

For Opera Mobile though you need to set up the connection:
    Connections>My work network>
    Name: Anything (Vodafone Live etc); Modem: Cellular line (GPRS, 3G)
    Tap Next: Access Point Name: wap.vodafone.ie
    Tap Next: User name: dublin; Password: dublin
    Finish

Back to My work Network:
    Proxy server> Tick the 2 boxes> Proxy server: 10.24.59.100
    Tap Advanced> Tap WAP and change the port to 8080 (although i think other numbers like 9201 work as well).

To use Opera Mobile with the above connection just open it up and go into Menu> Tools> Settings> Network and under proxy tick HTTP. I don't think HTTPS works.

Anyway i've found this works for Opera Mobile on Windows Mobile 5.
    Don't really understand it but it works. ;)

Opera Mobile is not free however unfortunately :(
    You can get it as a 1 month demo however before having to pay for it (25 euro IIRC). I can send you the demo cab file if you want to check it out.

As for getting PocketIE to work i heard if you change the registry settings for PocketIE so that voda live recognises it as a different (nokia-based?) browser it will connect.
    I tried this- it didn't work for me. :rolleyes:

As for getting Pocket Outlook to work haven't a clue.

Cheers for that - I'll give it a shot

Still can't get this working :(

Anyone out there have theirs working on Vodafone Irl?

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Still can't get this working :(

Anyone out there have theirs working on Vodafone Irl?

That should work.
    I can even get PocketIE working on the Vodafonelive apn with those settings now.

Must see if Outlook Mobile works on them.

Well fair play to ya!
    It connects for me - but then goes "this page cannot be displayed because the connection was lost"

Mik

• Advertisement

Well fair play to ya!
    It connects for me - but then goes "this page cannot be displayed because the connection was lost"

Mik

That's good your connected atleast.

I get that message from time to time as well

It can be a pain in the ar$e tbh and i'll prob change to tesco mobile soon.

If I get that message sometimes I find that clearing cookies, history and temp files, disconnecting and then reconnecting works.

Also sometimes using alternative proxies such as www.skweezer.net or www.mobileleap.com works.

These aren't ideal but are ok for a cut-down browsing experience.

Have you got pop3 mail or any other apps working with voda?

Nope I can get nothing workin on voda apart from calls :(
    And I have an E65 which I can use voda live and gmail and other e-mail fine in the same locations so I don't think it's a coverage issue.

I'll try clearing stuff like you said and see how it goes - cheers.

Also must check out tesco - are they any use?..

Also must check out tesco - are they any use?..

Just bought a sim so don't know yet really.
    But last night i couldn't get any signal with them so i'm wondering if they are a bit unreliable (kinda like three).
    Will need to test it out a bit more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PaddyAnglican

Anyone?
    I'm trying to use the Vodafone Live APN

Mik

Same problem - just bought a HTC S710 windows 6 smartphone and spent all morning talking with Vodafone tech support - it seems vodafone live asp is not windows mobile 6 compatible .......... yet!
    Stephen

Yep I never have got mine workin :(
    Although I have tried a bit - not really cause I have wi-fi where i use the fone most of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

ISP isp.vodafone.ie or OFFICE office.vodafone.ie or HS hs.vodafone.ie (for HSDSP devices) access points are for direct web (i.e. not through a gateway) / email / im / etc.

LIVE is for their Live! Portal (through a gateway)

using ISP, OFFICE, HS my require your account to be 'provisioned' to connect to these access points (their customer support / data support team can help) - you should also investigate what Data Add-Ons are available for you to subscribe to (to manage your data costs)

using Live! on a non-Live! supported handset can provide a limited service or not compatible (as compared to a supported Live! handset)... and also require configuration of the Gateway correctly (usually requiring Proxy details to be configured for the connection on the device, including the Proxy IP and Port) - again investigate what Data Add-Ons are available for this service (to manage your data costs)

Advertisement