Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBox Live subscriptions regionalised?

• 25-09-2007 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a XBOX Live 12 month subscription from an EBay auction by ThumbMonkeyGames

Will it work on a European console? Bought it on a whim so hope it does but anyone clarify for me. I know the "12+1" only worked with new accounts, but are the Xbox Live Membership cards regionalised as i'm worried it'll only be for a US account / console.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

They are regionalised, but if this is your first one then i think it should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

let us know how you get on basquille :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

sweetie wrote:
    let us know how you get on basquille :confused:
    Will do.. i think i remember reading they were regionalised. I contacted the sellers soon after just to ask as i assume he must have sold at least one of them internationally (non-US) so he may have heard back. Not a bad idea to mention it on his EBay auction if it is US only.

It has to be shipped to me.. not just an e-mailed code unfortunately.

If it doesn't work, it'll be going back up on EBay for a US seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

C0ck, hope it works.

I was watching the auction you bidded on, decided the price was too rich for my blood, waited for ThumbMonkey to put up another one and did a buy it now on it.

Hope it works, Bought a 12 month sub from the US last year and it worked fine. Fingers crossed!

C0ck, hope it works.

I was watching the auction you bidded on, decided the price was too rich for my blood, waited for ThumbMonkey to put up another one and did a buy it now on it.!
    Whoops.. how much was the Buy It Now price?! :o :eek:

• Advertisement

I got it for $32.99, $38.94 with delivery.

I saw the bidding for the one you got increasing rapidly and decided to wait it out to see if ThumbMonkey would start for a new auction for another one and snapped that one up.

Fingers crossed they work though. I'll PM you as soon as I get mine to let you know how I got on.

Hopefully only the 12+1 month ones are region locked. Won't be much of a bargain otherwise! :o

I got it for $32.99, $38.94 with delivery.

I saw the bidding for the one you got increasing rapidly and decided to wait it out to see if ThumbMonkey would start for a new auction for another one and snapped that one up.
    I paid $40 excl delivery for mine.. balls! :mad:

Didn't even notice the 'Buy It Now'.. got a DVD remote for 99c excl delivery too though!
    Fingers crossed they work though. I'll PM you as soon as I get mine to let you know how I got on.
    Yeah, please do!

The Buy It Now option was only available when there was 0 bids, as soon the first bid came in it wasn't available any more.

Send me a PM if you could as well in case you get it before me. Thanks!

Didn't do too badly... got the XBox Live 12 month sub as above, and a slimline DVD remote (as here) for €38.60 with shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Can anyone confirm that they will definetly work off ebay, I need to get a new membership soon and I had ebay in mind for mine. Just need to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

I got one of ebay yesterday. Worked out at €45. Got the code e-mailed to me about 2 hours after payment. Link below.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-Xbox-Live-12-month-GOLD-Subscription-Card-UK_W0QQitemZ220152397913QQihZ012QQcategoryZ112846QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Diffference is that's a UK one... they definitely do work!

Well, i got my remote and XBOX Live subscription this morning. Very fast delivery!

But i still have a week or two left on my month free trial so i haven't inputted it yet. It seems pretty legit.. it's got English and Spanish instructions on the back.

Did you recieve yours Super_Sonic? If so, did it work?

Hi Basquille.

No I haven't received it yet, hopefully to-morrow so.

Still have a month or so on my current sub. Anyone know if it's okay to input the new one now?

Will it be added on to my current sub or will my last month or so on the current sub be lost?

Did a little bit of research, supposedly "stacking" pre-paid subscriptions work:

http://www.2old2play.com/News/My_Credit_Card_is_on_Xbox_Live_

Must give it a shot as soon as I get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Hi Basquille.

No I haven't received it yet, hopefully to-morrow so.

Still have a month or so on my current sub. Anyone know if it's okay to input the new one now?

Will it be added on to my current sub or will my last month or so on the current sub be lost?

yeah, Its grand to top up even though your sub hasnt expired yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

basquille wrote:
    Diffference is that's a UK one... they definitely do work!

yup, UK ones work fine for here. But the US ones you've seemed to have bought will definitely need a US account :(. nothing stopping you though creating a new xboxlive account with a US address. Only the the issue of have 2 seperate accounts and no way of joining the gamer-scores etc etc.

Cheers for that syboit. Think i might sell mine on so.. i haven't peeled off the tab or anything.

Basquille, check your Inbox. The code works!

For everyone else, I just received the live sub today and it works.

If it didn't I could have sold it on Ebay to an American and emailed him the sub.

According to my credit card statement, it cost €28.41 in total, including delivery.

Happy days!

NOTE: This is a US 12 month Gold Sub.

Yep, got it and replied!

Great news.. will try it this evening.

Bargain!

• Advertisement

Basquille, check your Inbox. The code works!

For everyone else, I just received the live sub today and it works.

If it didn't I could have sold it on Ebay to an American and emailed him the sub.

According to my credit card statement, it cost €28.41 in total, including delivery.

Happy days!

NOTE: This is a US 12 month Gold Sub.

wow, amazed at that I've known people who got these and it didnt work because they have irish accounts. Wonder if your 360 has the last firmware on it (I think the May update had this change in it). Great price for the sub though...

syboit wrote:
    wow, amazed at that I've known people who got these and it didnt work because they have irish accounts. Wonder if your 360 has the last firmware on it (I think the May update had this change in it). Great price for the sub though...

I definitely have the latest update, I have been using Live since Sept '06 and I always auto sign-in to Live.

It's strange. I really wonder have these people bought 12+1 month subs, or (conspiracy theory ahead) have they even bought fake subs?

Also my account is definitely set to my current address in Limerick, no tricks with an American address.

Will let ye know what has happens later when i try and update around 6pm.

My XBOX is about a month old.. and has a manufacture date of August 2006 so we'll see whether firmware makes a difference.

I definitely have the latest update, I have been using Live since Sept '06 and I always auto sign-in to Live.

It's strange. I really wonder have these people bought 12+1 month subs, or (conspiracy theory ahead) have they even bought fake subs?

Also my account is definitely set to my current address in Limerick, no tricks with an American address.

yeah, I'd read in a few places about people getting stung by ebay sellers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

basquille wrote:
    Will let ye know what has happens later when i try and update around 6pm.

My XBOX is about a month old.. and has a manufacture date of August 2006 so we'll see whether firmware makes a difference.

any newS?

ntlbell wrote:
    any newS?
    Completely forgot to try.. will do it later though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Did this work for ya?

Advertisement