Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setavento titanium frames

Options
  • 25-09-2007 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭

Setavento have a website that offers custom titanium frames.

Below is a timeline of my dealings with Setavento since I paid on 27/02/07 for a titanium frame, forks, and seatpost. It does not make good reading, and in my opinion paints Setavento in an unfavourable light.

27/02/07: I pay STG£1,076.90 for a Setavento frame, seatpost, seatpost. Included in the price is £175.00 for Easton EC90 SL Road Forks.
    21/03/07: I contacted Irish_Bike_Builder asking them to build the bike when the frame, forks, and seatpost arrive from Setavento.
    12/06/07: I accept delivery of the frame. There is no sign of the forks or seatpost.
    13/06/07: I accept delivery of the forks.
    15/06/07: I drive from Dublin to Irish_Bike_Builder in Irish_City and hand-deliver the frame and forks.
    26/06/07: Setavento send the seatpost directly to Irish_Bike_Builder.
    17/07/07: Irish_Bike_Builder start building the bike, and discover that the forks are 1 inch, not 1 1/8 inch as ordered. The forks do not fit the Setavento frame. I email Setavento about the error.
    17/07/07: Setavento promise to send the correct size forks immediately I confirm the Irish_Bike_Builder postal address. I confirm their postal address that day.
    08/08/07: Twenty one days later I get an email from Irish_Bike_Builder saying they have not received the replacement forks. I am surprised, as I thought Irish_Bike_Builder were assembling the bike with replacement forks sent by Setavento on 17/07/07.
    09/08/07: I email Setavento who say they “dropped the ball”, they are checking that the forks have been dispatched, and ask me to let Setavento know when the forks “turn up”.
    24/08/07: I email Setavento stating that the forks have not been delivered to Irish_Bike_Builder, and ask when the forks will be delivered.
    12/09/07: There was no reply again from Setavento. I email Setavento and ask if there is any news on when the correct forks will be delivered.
    14/09/07: I send an email to James Laurence of Setavento setting out the above record of my contacts with Setavento, and of my attempts to complete my bike, which is with Irish_Bike_Builder in Irish_City since 15/06/07.

Summary at Friday 14/09/07
    Frame, forks, seatpost ordered and paid 27/02/07 (199 days ago)
    Frame received minus forks and seatpost 12/06/07 (105 days after order)
    Setavento advised of wrong size forks delivered 17/07/07 (59 days ago)

I paid for forks in February 2007 and have still not received them.

Setavento latest email on 17/09/07 said -
    "Our despatcher in Scotland informs me via email that your forks were despatched at the time we stated. I have requested a tracking number but haven't had any reply yet. As it was some time ago I fear he may have mislaid the record."

My reply to that on 21/09/07
    "Again you have failed to contact me as promised.
    Your email below confuses me. You say that "your forks were despatched at the time we stated". You never stated that you had despatched the forks.
    On 17/07/07 you asked for the delivery address of Irish_Bike_Builder so that you could deliver the forks. That day I emailed you the delivery address. You never responded to say you had despatched the forks."

I have 48 "sent" emails and 37 "received" emails between me, Setavento, and Irish_Bike_Builder. Almost all of these concern the non-delivery of parts by Setavento.

As far as I can make out this company pretends to operating from England but it seems the owner lives in China.

They admit they sent 1" forks for a frame they designed for 1 1/8" forks.
    They agreed to send replacements.
    They admit they forgot to send replacements.
    They now say they dispatched the replacement forks at the time we pointed out they sent the wrong size but have "lost" the paperwork / tracking number(althought they admitted they forgot to send them).

Its my 1000th post. Most were on the poker forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

How did you pay for the forks. If it was by credit card you should contact your c.c. company and see what they can do for you. You could probably get the amount for the forks refunded and source a pair from elsewhere.

Cheers for the heads-up on this company.

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Paid by credit card. I've just asked the Irish company to buy forks and finish the bike. Then I'll chase the cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stuT

I have read this thread with interest. I have a frame in the pipeline at the moment and have heard nothing so far. The email addresses on the webpage do not work.

Does anyone have any contact details for setavento, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I'd be gutted having missed a whole summers riding on my new Ti frame. Sorry to hear your wowes and thanks for the heads up on the company.

I saw a Lightspeed Vortex Ti frame the other week. I was lost in awe for many many minutes....

These are the only two I had. The first email address was the one used in all communication, the second was the one that issued the invoice.

james.laurence@setavento.com
    theteam06@setavento.com

I see on their website they no longer take frame orders. Its been like that for a couple of months.

• Advertisement

Setavento titanium frame, Xero Airy wheels, Cinelli Vai handlebar and stem, Thomson seatpost, Sella saddle, carbon bottle cages (bolts for a third under the frame), Shimano Ultegra triple 52/39/30, cassette 12/27. Sky blue wheelwalls, silver bar tape, white saddle.

And unnamed carbon front forks.

Advertisement