Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best place in Cork to repair alloy wheel

Options
  • 25-09-2007 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have an a6 with 17" RS4 wheels - wife had the car - say no more - not a sexist comment because it is a biological fact. :-)

The passenger front alloy has been scratched off the footpath on 3 spokes.

They are genuine wheels and looking for the best place to get the alloy repaired around Cork.

Many thanks
    James.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Genuine 17's?

Body image in Ballincollig are one bunch who do this but I've never seen their results.

I asked a similar question about the DIY side of things and kbannon linked a thread about Wurth doing a refurb kit if that's an option for you- just do a search.

Alternatively- if the missus is likely to make a habit of this- I have a set of 18" RS6 reps with good tyres which are a bargain which you'd have to worry less about and I'm in East Cork...

They came off my A6..

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?perpage=15&product=30136&cpage=1&perpage=15&cat=45#poststart

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I can't recommend Leo Wheelan highly enough. We use him at work, and I've used him personally, his number is 086 4086923, and his workshop is mobile. Very friendly chap, and meticulous about his work. Not too expensive either, worth a call!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

ned78 wrote:
    , and his workshop is mobile

Seriously? Mobile wheel refurb service?

Well, it appears to be when he comes to us. I've never really looked in the back of the van, but he comes with the van, the car goes up on an axle stand, and about an hour later, the wheel's back on. It's possible he takes them away, but his van is huge, so I'm making the assumption the work is done in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Thanks Ned78 - sorry, is this guy in Cork ?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Yup, he's in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Many thanks!

Advertisement