Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leather Seat Covers

Options
  • 25-09-2007 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

Will be getting a new car and I was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere that I could get good quality black leather seat covers?

Willing to spend around 100 quid, maybe a little more if possible?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Think you might have left a "0" off your budget if you want leather...
    You wouldn't even get fake ones in B&Q for that price:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Getting seats recovered with leather will cost upwards of €1,000. Did you forget to add a zero? Look up Nolan Autocare.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think the OP means vinyl seat covers, the ones that go over the seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Anan1 wrote:
    I think the OP means vinyl seat covers, the ones that go over the seats.

If that's the case, then most decent motor factors will be able to get these easily enough - bigger ones would have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Draupnir wrote:

Willing to spend around 100 quid, maybe a little more if possible?

Maybe our OP is just looking for the headrests to be covered :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Halfords have them, around 100 and looks nice on bigger cars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

halfords: have them, they dont last any length

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

minicab!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yep, I've seen them on a few taxi cabs and they look cheap, terrible and out of place imo. Either the real McCoy or nothing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

bazz26 wrote:
    Yep, I've seen them on a few taxi cabs and they look cheap, terrible and out of place imo. Either the real McCoy or nothing imo.
    You wouldn't think that if you were cleaning puke or worse off them at 2 a.m.!

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

esel wrote:
    You wouldn't think that if you were cleaning puke or worse off them at 2 a.m.!

Yes they serve a purpose in a taxi, etc but I wouldn't want them in my own car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Cheers folks, yup I meant the vinyl ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Give 'em a miss would be the advice of most here. They never have the desired effect, especially if it's an everyday car like a focus.

If it's something a bit special and you want to set it off- get a complete interior from a breakers...

What is the car?

Advertisement