Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty washing machine -What to do?

Options
  • 25-09-2007 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Iknow there is already a thred on washing machines here but mine a different scenario.

Bought a machine on 10th (Sept) was delivered 11th Installed fine did few washes and now it wont work.

E mailed their tech assistance (in UK didnt have any address for the Irish)one in the booklet, described the problem and what was coming up on the display they emailed back saying it sounded like a programming problem and gave me the irish number. Tried ring the number which was a fax so went back to the retailer. They said they faxed off a service call but heard nothing back as to when be coming.

Can I get a refund replacement from the rretailer? I cant do without a machine that long!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 steob

dont bother emailing the supplyers(makers of the washing machine) they dont have much to do with it as you bought it off a seller (what ever shop you purchaced the washing machine off) you have to go back to the shop where you bought it ..under The Sale Of Goods And Supply Of Services Act 1980 ..you have the right to any of the 3 Rs repair replace or refund so go talk to the manager :o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

that last poster is correct, my girlfriend had a problem with a printer she bought in a large nationwide pc store, and when she brought it back she was told to ring the supplier and arrange for them to collect it, when she told me what they said, i took the printer to the store myself and rattled off the sale of goods and supply of services act, they took the printer from me and they called me a week later with a new printer, you are entitled to a replacement,repair or refund from the "point of purchase" and not from the supplier, so dont take any guff from whoever you bought it from and tell them you know your rights , try the nice approach firsly though as a nice smile with a good approach normally works.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

I did ask if i could get a refund and they said no. wasn't sure about the brand when i bought it as ive never heard of it before now i dont want a replacement i want refund so i can get a brand i know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

undecided wrote:
    now i dont want a replacement i want refund so i can get a brand i know.
    It is not up to you to choose how the retailer resolves the issue hence the retailer was completly with in their right to tell you no refund (as they have the option to replace/repair it instead for refunding you).

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

undecided wrote:
    I did ask if i could get a refund and they said no. wasn't sure about the brand when i bought it as ive never heard of it before now i dont want a replacement i want refund so i can get a brand i know.

what make is it? power city?
    a lot of these unheard of brands dont have proper irish back up service
    a repair is useless to you go, for a replacement but offer to pay the few extra quid to upgrade to a known brand with an irish back up service -less hassle in the long run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you ask for a better model, or a refund, they can refuse. If you ask for a swap for a new one, same model, same type, I'm sure you'll get more progress.

Advertisement