Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on selling Motorbike

Options
  • 25-09-2007 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

What is the easiest and best way to sell a bike, I have advertised in some magazines and while I got phone calls regarding it, they were inquiries for part exchanges and people wishing to get back into bikes after years away from them, problem is they get turned off by insurance costs and I have the another bike bought so not interested in part exchange. Do some Bike shops do a cash deal or are there some car garages interested in taking bikes as part exchange as the car will need to be changed soon. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Horatio

I know some bike shops will sell the bike for you if you know them and the bikes not a junker, what are you selling ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Spades

02 Yamaha Fazer 600, 9500 miles, mate bought it new and I got it from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Horatio

Sounds nice, place where I get my bike serviced in Waterford I know
    have put guys bikes on their floor to sell for guys, usually customers or friends,
    its a good way to get your bike noticed, maybe the guys who sold you your new bike can do the same for you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Is your price too high?

If it is priced right it will sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

it's getting into winter now. maybe hold onto it until the spring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Spades

nereid wrote:
    Is your price too high?

If it is priced right it will sell.

I dont think this is a problem as I have it priced 1k less than what most of the other Fazers are priced at.I think it is the insurance grouping, it was actually only 10 euro more fore me to insure a R1. If im absolutly honest I dont really mind having two bikes,:D , however my wife is:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Spades wrote:
    If im absolutly honest I dont really mind having two bikes,:D , however my wife is:mad:
    lol

I had/have the same problem.

I wanted to keep the 650 and get the thou, but sadly it had to be one or the other. :(

Very happy with the thou though:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

Hi, how did you get on selling the bike? I am looking for advice on how to sell a bike privately. Is there any fear of bike being stolen. I absolutely havent a clue and need help please?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

kavanagh_h wrote: »
    Hi, how did you get on selling the bike? I am looking for advice on how to sell a bike privately. Is there any fear of bike being stolen. I absolutely havent a clue and need help please?
    I'd hope the OP sold his bike being that it was 12 years ago!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

kavanagh_h wrote: »

Yes. If they want a test ride they give you the full asking price in CASH, verify it with a cash pen, and check they are licenced/insured to ride it. They get the cash back when they return with the bike undamaged, if it's damaged/stolen/lifted they own it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Fair play to you using the search, just don't expect to hear from the OP.

Yes, you should exercise caution when selling and offering test drives. You sell it on your terms so don't feel obliged to give a test drive but you should understand that some people won't buy without one. That said, don't treat every buyer like they're trying to nick it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Test ride? No probs full asking in cash and counted. If it happens they've bought it.
    Meeting "somewhere"? Bring a mate.
    If he wants to listen to the engine and sit on it always best to park nose up to the wall.
    Get a "spot a forged note" pen doohickie, spread the cash out and run it across.
    Have him sign and you post the vlc.
    Anything other than cash scares me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Last I heard the op has 10 bikes and is divorced and happy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

blade1 wrote: »
    Last I heard the op has 10 bikes and is divorced and happy :pac:

Never sold a bike in his life, now he's living the dream.

Advertisement