Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rock, Who owns it's oil and gas billions ?..

• 25-09-2007 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Can anyone elighten me , if we have a claim on Roackall or Rockhall and the assets, why have we not claimed it. I admit I am totally ignorant on this issue, but if we can be as rich as Saudia Arabia. I want my share :) .

P. :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't know much about this myself but if someone has bought the exploration rights to that area then they own it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Eddie Fullerton (RIP) ftw. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I don't know much about this myself but if someone has bought the exploration rights to that area then they own it.

I must disagree, Queen Elizabeth has AFAIK claimed sovereignty sometime in the 1970's but that would not stand up in my my book, and as far as i know no one has the exploration rights :confused: .

smashey wrote:
    Eddie Fullerton (RIP) ftw. :D

Smashey,

What did the late Eddie have to say on this issue, please elaborate ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

He went to Rockall and planted a Tricolour on it.

• Advertisement

smashey wrote:
    He went to Rockall and planted a Tricolour on it.

Well, God bless Eddie Fullerton(RIP), for I am sure he must have had a true belief that it belongs to us. If that is the case it is now time for our Government to to stake a legal claim on our behalf.

P.

Advertisement