Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replying on Boards

Options
  • 26-09-2007 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭

When I go to reply to a post on Boards it takes ages for my reply to come up on screen i.e. what I type on the keyboard takes ages to come up on screen. I use Firefox. It posts the reply fine and I can browse fine. Have posted on other sites and seems ok.

Seems to be a keyboard problem on Boards only. Have updated to 2.0.0.7 and not quite as slow but still annoying.

Anybody come across this?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It happens to me the odd time, no idea why. I presume the page is still loading up and the browser is busy loading images and things like that to keep up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Happens to me the odd time. I reload the page a couple of times and its fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I'm guessing it's not that new a PC you are using.

It tends to happen with older machines with less RAM. Firefox being a memory hog doesn't help matters. Try IE (with Firefox closed) and see if same problem persists.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

cast_iron wrote:

It tends to happen with older machines with less RAM. Firefox being a memory hog doesn't help matters. Try IE (with Firefox closed) and see if same problem persists.

It's an older machine alright. Hasn't been a problem until last week though. Using Firefox with no problems for about 6 months. I'll try that tomorrow, hate IE!;)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

cast_iron wrote:

Using IE now, no bothers at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement