Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MSN Problem

• 26-09-2007 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭

I was just on msn (windows live messenger) 20 minutes ago. I was just listening to music, then all of a sudden the msn icon in the taskbar just disappeared. So I tried to open msn again, wouldn't work.

So I restarted my computer, tried to open it, and it still wouldn't work.

So I uninstalled & reinstalled windows live messenger, and it still won't open. The thing is, when I check my processes, it says "msnmsgr.exe" is running, but yet there's no msn on the screen, and there's no icon in the taskbar. No matter what I try, it won't work.

Here's a screenie of my processes:

processes.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

msnmsgs.exe is a worm as far as I know. It is set to run at startup. What virus scan software have you got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Troublesome

On this computer I just have AVG free, because I don't usually use this one. I still need the problem fixed though.

So I need to scan & delete msnmsgs.exe ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is a bit more tricky than just deleting the file. Just to double check that it is an infection, scan your computer with Housecall.

After that, the removal instructions are here, remember to disable System Restore (right click My Computer->Properties->System Restore tab and then turn off System Restore) before doing the removal.

Ruu wrote:
    It is a bit more tricky than just deleting the file. Just to double check that it is an infection, scan your computer with Housecall.

After that, the removal instructions are here, remember to disable System Restore (right click My Computer->Properties->System Restore tab and then turn off System Restore) before doing the removal.

Didn't help
    Did it all, nothing worked.

Ruu wrote:

Didn't help
    Did it all, nothing worked.

• Advertisement

i need help asap guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

http://webmessenger.msn.com/
    That should help you with messenger while you take your time fixing the problem...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

i need help asap guys

If you want help around here, pal, you better change your attitude.

This is not the first thread where you have behaved like a bold child and demanded help. Nobody here owes you help.

Try doing something for yourself, posting up what you did and then asking what you might be doing wrong. Then, and maybe then people will help you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

i need help asap guys
    http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&gprid=3221&
    Phone Support
    Wait Time: Will Vary
    Hours of Operation (see bottom of this page)
    No-charge: 2 support requests
    Charge: €72.00 (learn more about applicable VAT Rates ) per request during business hours after all no-charge support is used. (Some support may not be covered under this charge.)

You may use one of the following if you have one:
    Software Assurance Agreement
    Professional Contract

1 850 940940

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

• Advertisement

ok

Advertisement