Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fedex'in my stuff from ireland to spain and customs & excise

Options
  • 26-09-2007 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

hi all,
    moved to spain a few months ago and now want to ship my belongings over here - going to use fedex europe first next day service, not worried about the cost.

here's the thing - i am packaging my own stuff and need to know how i have to prepare for it to properly clear customs on time(e.g what documents have to be attached if any? do i need to inventorythe boxes? ect....). has anyone done this before?
    rang fedex but they refused to give out such information saying that i would have to ring customs, which i tried to do for 2 days unsuccesfully (they just dont pick up the phone)

any info appreciated!!!

cheesrs,
    mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Both Ireland and Spain are in the EU so no customs. I think you need to list the contents of the boxes (generally speaking, clothes, books, etc) but that's about it. FedEx really should have been able to tell you this as they should be fully aware that there are no customs between EU countries.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Be careful with fluids though (An post refuses to ship packages with ANY fluids in outside of Ireland to EU as they won't make it through customs at the airport).

Advertisement