Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless router needing constant reinstalling.

• 26-09-2007 8:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

I have BT broadband and I'm using the router/modem (I don't know exactly what it's called) I got from BT, which is connected to my phone line, and I bought a Belkin Wireless G Plus router, which is connected to that, between the BT router/modem and my desktop computer.

17991284a2611614168b606ke4.jpg

The problem is, every so often I can't connect to the internet. When I bypass the wireless router and connect the modem directly to my desktop it'll work again and then I have to reinstall (using the cd that came with it) the wireless router. Sometimes it'll be OK for a few weeks and sometimes for only a day or so.

Any ideas what could be causing the problem and how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to wireless.

Have you placed the modem into bridge mode? (See FAQs). If you haven't then the modem and router will conflict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

What's bridge mode? I'll google it. Why would it work for a while and then just stop if their conflicting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Like I said, read the FAQs sticked at the top of this forum.

Advertisement