Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DRM-Free Music Sites

Options
  • 26-09-2007 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy decent quality DRM-free music. Had a look at the new Amazon store this morning and it looks good, especially with current exchange rate. Some of the albums I've looked at would work out at between €5 & €6.50 for MP3's @ 256Kbps. Has anyone tried it yet?

What other places are worth looking into that have a large catalogue (that are not Russian)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

check out <SNIP>

MOD EDIT: No linking to public torrent sites offering copyrighted material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gleesog4

<SNIP>

MOD EDIT: gleesog4.. last warning! Read the charter!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

gleesog4 wrote:
    <SNIP>

That's not what I asked for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gleesog4

jester77 wrote:
    What other places are worth looking into that have a large catalogue (that are not Russian)?

Exclusively pay sites?
    That might be hard as you have to pay royalties for music, so if a site is offering you an album/song for dirt cheap it proberly is because they aren't paying the required royalties for it, which would undermine your initial resons of paying for it (I presume that is your reson).The valid Russian sites in question don't pay royalties or vey little but still remain legal(just about) due to international legal loopholes.Russians....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bania

Looks like the Amazon music store isn't available outside the US, pity

Some suggestions:

www.7digital.ie [DRM free stuff - Radiohead, OK Go, , Daft Punk, Gorillaz ...]

www.audiolunchbox.com [Death Cab for Cutie, Interpol, Cat Power, Nada Surf, Belle & Sebastian, Tokyo Police Club ...]

www.bleep.com [Pixies, Frank Black, White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys, Basement Jaxx ....]

www.downloadpunk.com [Bloc Party, of Montreal, The Frames:eek: , The Hold Steady, Fall Out Boy, Hellogoodbye:eek: , Director, Avenged Sevenfold, Panic at the Disco ...]

• Advertisement
Advertisement