Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adjust Cooking Time for Chrismas Cakes?

• 26-09-2007 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

I'll be making my Christmas cakes in the next couple of weeks and was wondering if it would be ok to bake two in the oven at once, and if so should I adjust the cooking time?

I baked them separately last year but the thoughts of having to clean up twice is putting me off!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

There should be relatively little difference in the cooking time.The challenge will be in heating the cakes evenly.If your oven uses a fan it should make it much easier to cook everything evenly, otherwise you will to have to turn them and switch their positions once or twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I don't know how successful baking two in the oven at the same time would be. But I know that if you want to make the two at the same time, you can safely leave one sitting in the tin (in it's mixed state) for 24 hours. In fact my mother always makes her cake today & bakes it tomorrow. It's something to do with the flavours blending. So that would allow you cook them on different days and still only have one lot of weighing, mixing, cleaning up etc.

Advertisement