Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Laptop Scheme

Options
  • 26-09-2007 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey,

A friend of mine got an e-mail from DIT about a Student Laptop Scheme, where the college had approved suppliers to buy laptops from.
    Two questions.
    One - am I the only person that didn't get that e-mail, and should I worry. Does the fact that I didn't get an e-mail mean that I don't exist in DIT's eyes:eek: ?
    Two - is the offer any good?

Regards,
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

contact the registrations office to make sure, if he is in a different course/class it may have been sent to just that class and not yours, or if you registered late, you might not be on the various mailing lists yet

generally the offers are upto 10% off, if your in the market for a laptop you may get a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Oh the email only contained a link, here it is!

http://www.dit.ie/DIT/students/support/laptop.html

I haven't looked into it much but it doesn't look like anything to jump in joy for price wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

It doesn't even say what speed the processors are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gofast

the www.pc4me.ie one has a Core 2 Duo Processor, i looks like the value is in the software and warrenty but you'd probably get one cheaper if you took them off - it doesn't say if delivery is included

Advertisement