Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question on fish.

Options
  • 26-09-2007 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just two quick questions. I have some platties (sp) and they are giving birth every now and again, however one of them is so huge she looks like a golf ball with a head and tail. I have never seen the others like this before. Is this normal? She appears to be functioning fine. Also, are they live bearers?

Thanks in advance...

TJ911...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 reptileguy16

it could be just a very swollen platy this happens when then theyre heavily pregnant. if you notice any abnormal differences bring her to your local vet. oh and yes they are livebearers. my tank is literaly swimming with guppies and mollies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

it could be just a very swollen platy this happens when then theyre heavily pregnant. if you notice any abnormal differences bring her to your local vet. oh and yes they are livebearers. my tank is literaly swimming with guppies and mollies.

Thanks for that. Will monitor her...

TJ911...

Advertisement