Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brothers: share thy recipes.

• 26-09-2007 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Some hard thought has gone into this, and after experiencing what im going to title "the glasgow heart attack", i shall share the recipe here for the benefit of all. Its a simple one, it actually benefits from being drunk whilst making it and so this, i feel, makes it worthy!

RECIPE
    THE GLASGOW HEART ATTACK

1lb of Cheese - your favourite, any will do.
    8 slices of Bacon
    4 'handfulls' of Southern Fried Curly Fries (McCain or other)

Technique:

Curly fries in the oven as instructed, using the brothers measuring jug known as "The Handfull".
    Grate 1lb of your favourite cheese and set asside....the more cheese, the better frankly.
    Cut 8 slices of bacon, smoked or unsmoked its all going to the same place - into small squares and fry.

When fries are ready, remove from oven - mix bacon through and place on serving dish. Sprinkle cheese over dish and replace in oven until cheese is beginning to melt.

Once cheese begins to melt, remove from oven, sprinkle with salt, tomato sauce is optional, as is 1 tin of Heinze Baked Beans.

Enjoy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Cooking is for wimmins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Take one lettuce leaf, wash and ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

My cook has a great pizza recipe that's very simple... but I'd probably still manage to fuck it up!! The beauty of this pizza is it's meat content :D

Instead of your normal bread dough, the base is made from mince meat. You need a round pizza baking tray (or square if you like square pizza's :confused:), spread out 400 or 500g of raw mince meat in the dish and flatten, put some knorr gypsy sauce on top, throw on all your favourite toppings except the cheese and stick it in the over. With about 10 mins to go, cover it with lots and lots of cheese :D Unfortunately as I've never made this I don't know what the temperature of the oven should be or how long it should be in there for but I can ask later if I think of it and update the recipe here... if anyone cares!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Lift phone (an effort in itself), dial takeaway.

Job done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

I think a mark of a true Brother is the ability to come in drunk as a monkey, whip up something terribly greasy, yet tasty, sit down in front of the footie highlights and enjoy another can before bed.

jester77 wrote:
    My cook has a great pizza recipe that's very simple... but I'd probably still manage to **** it up!! The beauty of this pizza is it's meat content :D

Instead of your normal bread dough, the base is made from mince meat. You need a round pizza baking tray (or square if you like square pizza's :confused:), spread out 400 or 500g of raw mince meat in the dish and flatten, put some knorr gypsy sauce on top, throw on all your favourite toppings except the cheese and stick it in the over. With about 10 mins to go, cover it with lots and lots of cheese :D Unfortunately as I've never made this I don't know what the temperature of the oven should be or how long it should be in there for but I can ask later if I think of it and update the recipe here... if anyone cares!

*smacks Jester77*

One: for having a cook
    Two: for posting cooking tips (see one)
    Three: just because

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

tom dunne wrote:
    *smacks Jester77*

One: for having a cook
    Two: for posting cooking tips (see one)
    Three: just because

But the cook is my wimman :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

jester77 wrote:

Fair enough ! *Smack* :D

jester77 wrote:

Oooops. That's ok then. Phew.

Sorry, I thought you were going all girly on me.

• Advertisement

I fear i may have gotten off on the wrong foot....

dammit, youre a shadowy group you lot....

odonnell wrote:
    I fear i may have gotten off on the wrong foot....

dammit, youre a shadowy group you lot....

The way to our collective hearts is through the bar. In there we have plenty of wimmins only too willing to feed our monsterous guts.

Hence why most of us can't even spell reseepee. Resipee. Receepy.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Actually, I think brother odonnell is onto something! Next time your wurman asks what you would like for dinner, point her in the direction of this thread! :D

all i know is, it works for me.... should maybe re-title this thread to "how to prepare reconstituted grease with beer" and thatd do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,801 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

odonnell - Take no notice of them...
    The ability to cook is an admirable trait in a real man.
    Think "barbecue", "Keith Floyd", "spit roasts" (ahem! :o ).

Here's a couple of easy ones for you that only require 2 ingredients...

(Recipes are for 4 servings)

Ribs
    Ingredients:
    2 sheets of "babyback" bacon ribs
    Water

Method:
    Bring pot of water to the boil
    Put ribs into water
    Bring back to boil
    Simmer for 30 mins
    Eat

Trotters
    Ingredients:
    1 or 2 trotters per person
    Water

Method:
    Bring pot of water to the boil
    Put trotters into water
    Bring back to boil
    Simmer for 90 mins
    Eat

Perfect grub for during or after a few beers.

good man.

the ability to make fire, and cook the tastiest meals known to man whilst intoxicated has been upright mans territory for millenia - we shouldnt allow this primal talent to be forgotten!

YES!

Advertisement