Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains Socket Network Adaptor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

etherkiller.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28 penfold944

bubonicus wrote:
    Hi,

Has anybody used these?, are they any good?, any draw backs.
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48539&doy=26m9&C=SO&U=strat15

I'm thinking of using them because wireless is crap.

yep... and they work a treat. i was trying to stream video over wireless to a box I had - but it was terrible.

After all the messing around. I bought those exact units and have had no problems with them - and they work to about 80Mb/s no problem. worht every penny if wireless doesnt cut it

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

penfold944 wrote:
    yep... and they work a treat. i was trying to stream video over wireless to a box I had - but it was terrible.

After all the messing around. I bought those exact units and have had no problems with them - and they work to about 80Mb/s no problem. worht every penny if wireless doesnt cut it

Thanks, I just bought the 200mb/s ones. trying them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

I've used these plenty of times - great for when WiFi isn't up to the job. The 200Mb HomePlug AV ones are very good - the Devolo chipset has been very solid to use. (Great for extending your network out to the shed :) )

You can add more that 2 devices to share it around the house - but performance will degrade (As they act like a hub - not a switch).

Advertisement