Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lip swelling

Options
  • 26-09-2007 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

i'm trying to get snakebites at the moment - many setbacks, previously documented in this forum. now there's another one - i got a telephone job cold calling people, which starts in a week and a half. my question is - if i get the piercing now, will the swelling have gone down in time to be able to speak on the phone? i'd really love this job - the money is awesome, but i've had so many setbacks to getting this piercing, i really don't want to have to wait another 2 months... thanking you in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

When my lip swelled I found it had no effect on my speech at all. Same for anyone I know with snakebites. After a week you should be fine anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I had a bit of a problem with speaking for a few days, but then again I had em both done on the sane side of my lip. Yeah, just make sure you're looking after them and the swelling will subside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

It should be fine, i had the same problem doing the same kinda work and thought it'd swell pretty badly. as it turns out it did...but this was cause i thought havn a few drinks that night would be alright. :D
    i still havent learned. :p altho goin to work with fish lips sucked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

i got them done on saturday:) lots of swelling, but it's not affecting my speech at all. i'm absolutely delighted with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nice one! :D
    I got my piercing on Saturday too, and haven't had any swelling at all thankfully, few moments of discomfort but shifting position slightly generally cures that! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement