Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inundated with texts from 3voicemail

• 26-09-2007 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

I had a voicemail left on my 3voicemail yesterday morning, have listened to it,but three still insists on sending me sms's telling me about the voicemail. Have received about ten or 15 such sms's now, in 24hrs...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Think I read something about this before and it having to do with the handset and SIM combination - are you using a 3 handset. If not try sticking the SIM in your 3 handset and wait for the SMS when it comes open it and then delete it and the turn off the phone and put your SIM back in your regular handset. Can't remember where I saw this or the circumstances under which it arises but I think it just might solve your problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Are they from 3Alerts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Guess they still have your number in the database, and dont realise the number has been ported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You don't have to subscribe, they send them to everyone. It took me 4 phone calls and two months to get those alerts to stop after i ported

after explaining that i'd ported two moths previous one agent went to ask someone and then said i should go to planet 3 on my handset :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

why would you bother trying to get it stopped if it isnt costing you anything, one message a week tops like,

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

a little off-topic.... but if you want to stop those sodding 3alerts go here https://my3.three.ie/mydetails/getPreferences.do to turn off marketing preferences. its a settings page buried in the website, you can't do it from your handset...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

a little off-topic.... but if you want to stop those sodding 3alerts go here https://my3.three.ie/mydetails/getPreferences.do to turn off marketing preferences. its a settings page buried in the website, you can't do it from your handset...

Off topic? This thread is OVER ONE YEAR OLD!!! Why would you feel the need to post on it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

Walkman wrote: »
    Off topic? This thread is OVER ONE YEAR OLD!!! Why would you feel the need to post on it now?

cos i spent an hour trying to turn off those stupid requests.... and when i searched for it before this is the closest i got..... so for anyother poor folk out there who googled it or searched boards would end up here... didn't think it warrented a new thread.... it after all about how to turn off messages from 3 and it hadn't been successfully answered imho

sorry.... are you with the internet police or something? looking for people who don't double check they are posting a current thread??.. was it really that much of a crime?? i'm sure mothers and their children will sleep better at night knowning that you ceaselessly patrol the boards...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

sorry.... are you with the internet police or something? looking for people who don't double check they are posting a current thread??.. was it really that much of a crime?? i'm sure mothers and their children will sleep better at night knowning that you ceaselessly patrol the boards...

:D
    IBS.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

:D
    IBS.gif

WHATEVER!!!:-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Irritable Bowel Syndrome is not anything to do with mobiles.

Advertisement