Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ireland Singer / Songwriter

• 26-09-2007 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

www.brendanobyrne.com
    www.myspace.com/brendanobyrne

Born in Dublin 1955, Early May, one of the more creative Taureans, started singing as a boy soprano at about 7 years. Started Piano lessons with seriousness, at 12 years old, having taught my self basic guitar at age 11. Attended the Royal Irish Academy, and studied both piano and guitar graduating with a diploma on both instrument's. Now at scholl leaving age year 1972 a living out of music was not up to much in Ireland back then, and parents decided it was time to get a real job. So I did, I worked in Insurance (which I hated) for seventeen years, but on the side was involved with a lot of musical societies in Dublin acting in the capacity of musical director.

Was tranferred to Galway as a loss ajduster(or lost adjuster) in 1984 and for one reason or another found my self with my guitar gigging, the hotels in the summer months for a few extra bob, whih of course the copper bosses did'nt think too highly of.

In 1985 I was asked to do 2 nights at Ashford Castle Hotel in Cong Co Mayo, and I have been performing there ever since(the copper bosses were told to take a hike) both on Piano playing all stlyes, and also as a guitarist singer.

I am a self taught computer operater and over the years have become an excellent programmer of music.

From early years I showed a keen interest in writing songs and now I'm here on my space, so in the months ahead I will upload recordings of my latest songs for you to hear.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Hi Brendan, there is a pimp my band forum for promoting yourself as a musician. I'm not really sure what your post is about to be honest.

Advertisement