Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Places to go walking in Maynooth?

• 26-09-2007 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

I've down the college grounds and farm to death...are there any other nice walks around that I could do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

Along the canal to Leixlip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Thanks Scooby.

Does anyone know what's at the top of the village before you go to Tesco near the school, there's gates and it looks like some sort of walk in there but is it for public access does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Its a tree lined walk, it leads to Carton House golf course, I often go for runs along there, it's approx a 10 min walk to the golf course and back. But I dont think they mind you strolling along the course, I often run through it.

Its a tree lined walk, it leads to Carton House golf course, I often go for runs along there, it's approx a 10 min walk to the golf course and back. But I dont think they mind you strolling along the course, I often run through it.
    Oh that sounds nice, I might take a walk up there now so....it's public access so is it? Only noticed it yesterday, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

I don't think you're supposed to walk through the grounds of Carton House though are you? Let alone the fear of being hit by golf balls! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Maynooth wrote:
    I don't think you're supposed to walk through the grounds of Carton House though are you? Let alone the fear of being hit by golf balls! ;)

No idea, i do know that there's no problem walking through the carton avenue asfar as the the golf course. There also a nice walk away from maynooth and leixlip as far as the the next bridge...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Well I always run straight through the golf course, was pretty nice during the summer, no one ever said anything to me... But the tree lined walk is nice enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh the tree lined path to Carton House is for public access. In saying that it's not really that interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

fletch wrote:
    Yeh the tree lined path to Carton House is for public access. In saying that it's not really that interesting.
    Not really long enough for a decent walk either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

St. Catherine's Park in Leixlip/Lucan is nice. A bit far for a walk I guess but its only a 10 minute drive from Maynooth.

• Advertisement

St. Catherine's Park in Leixlip/Lucan is nice. A bit far for a walk I guess but its only a 10 minute drive from Maynooth.

Thanks Vince, where exactly is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

MayMay wrote:
    Thanks Vince, where exactly is that?

Take the bus to Leixlip town about (10 minutes). Just keep walking stright down the town passed everything (pubs, barbers, bank etc...) until you come to the Fire station and then turn left and you should see an entrance there.

Nothing out of this world but its a pretty nice park for a walk.

Thanks Vince

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I walk around the grounds of Carton House most evenings and nothing has ever been said to me....there's always a few walking/jogging there. There's lots of different pathways/lanes to walk in, it's really nice.....I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to walk there anyway and there's no signs up that I know of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

walk to kilcock along the canal.

Thanks Timmy...have no idea what the obelisk is though if you'd like to elaborate? Thanks for the info :)

Thanks very much Timmy :) Sounds interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 madboggar

Carton Walk is lovely, if you go into the reception of carton House you can ask for a walking map.. I think there is a 2 walks around the golf courses, and up to the back of the Rye River..

http://www.maynooth.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Timmymaggot

Where have my posts gone from here?

Who is repsonsible because mark my words you will feel my wrath.

Is where you mentioned to go walking off limits/trespassing maybe??

• Advertisement

No. I mentioned that you would be tresspassing just like you are when you walk up mountains or thousands of other places. Grow a set Claire.

No. I mentioned that you would be tresspassing just like you are when you walk up mountains or thousands of other places. Grow a set Claire.

Just saying that maybe a mod deleted what you said because they thought it was trespassing or something. Just trying to be helpful and giving a possible explanation as to why your posts were deleted, no need for the attitude!

The person who deleted my posts will be visited by the souls of my ancestors tonight and will probably die in their sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I can say that this is not true .. I was just talking to them.

6th wrote: »
    I can say that this is not true .. I was just talking to them.
    Ever heard of a thing called the future you simpleton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The person who deleted my posts will be visited by the souls of my ancestors tonight and will probably die in their sleep.
    If they are anything like you, they'll be easy to destroy.

f they are anything like you, they'll be easy to destroy.
    Two things about this,

1. They will not be anything like me as they are my ancestors and would not likely share many of my genes.

2. You are working on the assumption that I am easy to destroy. Where have you gotten this idea from? Nowhere on boards have I been destroyed in fact you can see many threads where I am the destroyer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Two things about this,

1. They will not be anything like me as they are my ancestors and would not likely share many of my genes.

WTF? Seriously, you need to study some Biology, you've destroyed your own argument here :D
    2. You are working on the assumption that I am easy to destroy. Where have you gotten this idea from? Nowhere on boards have I been destroyed in fact you can see many threads where I am the destroyer.
    See my response to the first part of your post :D You certainly have destroyed yourself pretty easily alright :D

WTF? Seriously, you need to study some Biology, you've destroyed your own argument here
    Each of my individual ancestors (say 8 generations back) contributes 1/(2^8) of my genes so I was quite right in saying that its not likely that they would share 'many' of my genes.

Please don't tell me that you have a Ph.D. in biology?

• Advertisement

Each of my individual ancestors (say 8 generations back) contributes 1/(2^8) of my genes.
    Argue that ****face.

Oh my you really are clueless aren't you? Every gene in your body came from your ancestors (recent and otherwise)...

Yes I do have a PhD in Biology, molecular biology as it happens so I know what I'm talking about. Are you trying to claim that some of your genes came from someone you are not descended from (i.e. your ancestors)?

Also, nice edit of your post but I caught the personal insult in the quote and subscribed email...try to remember that happens before you try to be the big man with the insults :D

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Oh my you really are clueless aren't you? Every gene in your body came from your ancestors (recent and otherwise)...

Yes I do, molecular biology as it happens so I know what I'm talking about. Are you trying to claim that some of your genes came from someone you are not descended from (i.e. your ancestors)?

Not very good at following logical arguments are you. That Ph.D. must have been some struggle.

Not very good at following logical arguments are you. That Ph.D. must have been some struggle.

Well as you seem to be a master of logic (as well as trolling!), explain this:
    They will not be anything like me as they are my ancestors and would not likely share many of my genes.

That really does look like you are claiming that not many of your genes are not coming from the people you are linearly descended from. If that's what you are saying then you are totally and utterly incorrect.

Actually don't bother I've helped feed you troll and take this completely off topic. Apologies to the mods, please feel free to clean up by deleting whatever is necessary.

That really does look like you are claiming that not many of your genes are not coming from the people you are linearly descended from. If that's what you are saying then you are totally and utterly incorrect.
    No individual ancestor would share many of my genes. Many in this case being less that say 20%. Collectively of course they contribute to all my genes but its fairly obvious that I was not talking about this.
    Not obvious enough to a cluster**** like yourself I suppose.

Timmy you're a dickhead :rolleyes: Wish I'd never asked!

• Advertisement
Advertisement