Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't connect

Options
  • 26-09-2007 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

I'm having trouble connecting to the web on my pc. I use eircom broadband with a netopia router and firefox 2. On monday I logged on and immediatly got a message from firefox to install an update,so did but ever since have not been able to establish a connection.I get a message that an ip address can't be found. I thought perhaps the problem was with firefox so uninstalled it but am still having the same problem with IE. That browser ran a diagnostic and said my dns or dsn was the problem, but didn't give a solution. I'm using my router on my sisters pc so it's not that either.Any suggestions as to what the problem may be.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

dubtom wrote:
    I'm having trouble connecting to the web on my pc. I use eircom broadband with a netopia router and firefox 2. On monday I logged on and immediatly got a message from firefox to install an update,so did but ever since have not been able to establish a connection.I get a message that an ip address can't be found. I thought perhaps the problem was with firefox so uninstalled it but am still having the same problem with IE. That browser ran a diagnostic and said my dns or dsn was the problem, but didn't give a solution. I'm using my router on my sisters pc so it's not that either.Any suggestions as to what the problem may be.

Have you tried doing a system restore to take you back prior to the firefox update?

You could also try checking to see if your network card is installed properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Yes I've restored and it doesn't solve it. Eircom insist on sending me a new router,but I've already tried a different router on my pc without success and my router on a different pc which worked, so I suspect it's a software problem. I also changed the dsl cable.

Advertisement