Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo 3 Review

• 26-09-2007 3:56pm
    Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Whereas Eurogamer gave it 10/10 in their review, I felt compelled to get the PS3 fanboi's version - which is here. These guys crack me up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sony Defence Force? Jesus, that's just taking things a step too far. Imagine what they'll be like when the PS3 actually gets a good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ah yeah but that might never happen ;)
    j/k!

They're owned by the same guy who runs Wii60.com so it's obviously a piss take, but damnit if it isn't an accurate representation of some forum fanboys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Yeah just looks like a bit of a piss take.

Real sony fan boys aren't usually that creative.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really have to laugh at the BS those boys pump out. Somehow Blu-ray is vindicated because Lost Odyssey is coming on 4 discs. It was so annoying in FFVII the fact that in a 60 hour game you had to change discs twice. The DS is also a dead console after the PSP sales surged after Crisis Core was released. If that sales rate holds it will probably overtake DS sales in japan sometime in 2351.

Edit: should have known it was a piss-take but it is very accurate to what some fanboys come up with.

Only 2 hours until I found out if Halo 3 s any good or not :( My brother better finish work early cos I don't know how long I can hold out for Co-op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I cant believe people are actually linking reviews from Sony Defense Force,
    Just goes to show!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I love the way the 360 has a RROD in the first pic:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Their logo is a giant enemy crab, that alone tells you enough ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

that crab people are actually real?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Another bimbo moment for me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

they do make a good point about no dedicated servers though.
    No dedicated servers, still pay to play online and only 16 players per match. Bungie should look at Resistance and Warhawk, both of which have dedicated servers, 40 players online, free to play online

Or are they and I wrong about that too?

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

GaRtH_V wrote:
    I cant believe people are actually linking reviews from Sony Defense Force,
    Just goes to show!

Oh come on - its hilarious. What's even funnier than the actual articles are the comments on the site from rabid sony-haters or 360 fanboys. Whether the site is genuine or not I don't know for sure, although it must surely be a piss-take but there's no doubt the comments are 100%. Its comedy!

EG:
    OH, dammit! I was hoping to be first! Ok, you guys can lick my balls. 2.5? How original! Give the game the score you’ve been calling it. Halo 3 has just destroyed your precious Sony PS3! How many people stood in line for Liar…whoops, Lair at midnite? OH YEA…..that would be none. I only registered because I had to say something to you douche bags…You aren’t even worthy enought to lick the Master Chiefs Balls. I know how much you’d like that because maybe he might put in out for your sissy system PS3…but he won’t let you cause the Chief knows that the PS3 is for douche bag ****s like you and the rest of SDF. HALO 3 ROCKS!! SUCK A COCK YOU FAGS!!!

BOYCOTT SDF after you rip this gay ass review!!!

BOYCOTT!!!!!!

paying for xbox live never really sat right with me especially since most games do not provide infrastructure for dedicated servers.

If it is to continue as a paid service then companys need to put up dedicated servers and have an option of IP to IP for people who don't want to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ntlbell wrote:
    paying for xbox live never really sat right with me especially since most games do not provide infrastructure for dedicated servers.

If it is to continue as a paid service then companys need to put up dedicated servers and have an option of IP to IP for people who don't want to pay.
    yeh that struck me as strange too, so you have a host who's upload is practially **** (384k) compared to the likes of a dedicated server.

it would frustrate me to no ends as even if a server is on a 100mbit line, movements are still not 100% hate to see it on a 384k line :eek:

Cremo wrote:
    yeh that struck me as strange too, so you have a host who's upload is practially **** (384k) compared to the likes of a dedicated server.

it would frustrate me to no ends as even if a server is on a 100mbit line, movements are still not 100% hate to see it on a 384k line :eek:

well the real benfifits should be seen locally if the kit was distrubuted globally and we got routed around inex it would be as close to lan as you would ever get my pings to servers via inex are 4-8ms

we can live in hope tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Not played a huge amount on Live but can't say I've ever had lag problems even on the big matches.

Advertisement