Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeview

Options
  • 26-09-2007 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hey all,

I live in Deepforde in South Drogheda. I recently got a leaflet through my door about installing Freeview for a one off payment. I am familiar with how freeview works but was wondering if anybody in Drogheda (especially South Drogheda) has Freeview installed and what comments they have on it.

Thanks in advance
    ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Hi there,
    You would probably be better checking out the satelite section of the Tech forum here on the boards, I think you'll find a list of what channels are available on freeview.
    If you have bad terestrial reception on the english channels, then freeview is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Bull****. I wouldn't trust that leaflet.

It's very tricky to get freeview in that area and almost certainly you would get only 2 out of the 6 groups of channels available, no matter how good TV reception is. (the worst 2, IMO.)

There's no such thing as freeview on satellite. The free to air satellite kits in Lidl and Freeview itself are completely different and incompatible.

And you can get those kits in Lidl again at €80 I think. They're very easy to install yourself and popular too, given the amount of them sold. It seems Channel 4 will be FTA next year, so you can get the 4 main UK channels with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

I think I mis-understood the OP, I assumed that is was satelite free to air and not terestrial freeveiw?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dub in Louth

Thanks all,

I really just wanted to know if anyone had a freeview box in south drogheda and if it works ok.

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

I'd be interested in this too - I live in Armagh but will shortly be moving to Dundalk, I'm bringin my Freeview box with me to try it out - haven't looked at digital telly options for RoI in detail but I know my gf's folks pay a fortune (compared to UK) for Sky.

Freeview is not so bad if it works - definitely better than the Sky free channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

I'd like one too, sky cut me off for not having a phone line even though I always paid them....crazy business.everyone has mobiles these days...does anyone know how I can get reconnected

Advertisement