Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Church Music for wedding in December

Options
  • 26-09-2007 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Folks

Does anyone know of anyone i could contact as regards church music for a wedding in december for the galway area.

Was thinking of string quartet type thing but open to any suggestions.

Cheers

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

Hi,

There's an amazing group run by Jamie Harris "The H Gang" in IrishEyes Optical over the botharmore post office....

American accentric guy, he's brilliant..I'm even getting him to play at the fashion show gig.

I also ran through a google search for you and found:
    http://www.corribquartet.com/
    http://www.geocities.com/dolmenq

Congratulations & good luck btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Great

tks, sensitive_soul

Do you know what sort of music he plays?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

A choir perhaps? I know of two if you;re looking for one.

thats an option wet-paint, what sort of money would you be talking do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

Great

tks, sensitive_soul

Do you know what sort of music he plays?

Jamie does Jazz but its very classy jazz!!!! I'm sure he'll do what ever you like.

Personally quartets are so elegant and beautiful!!! Something like "Clair de lune", sooooooo classy!

:) Maybe a soloist too, a lady? I'm sure you wouldn't pay more than 100....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

For a soloist plus keyboardist / organist, you'll be paying around four to six hundred. A full choir would be 850 to eleven hundred, more if travel expenses are involved.
    I also presume a quartet would be wanting two hundred to two fifty per head.
    Unless you have a family member in a group, or who can sing, you're really not going to get away cheaply here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lizara

Hi Dwayne,

I was at a wedding ceremony and there was a fabulous duo playing. I made sure to get a card off them, they were that good! They're called Roy and Tara and their website is: www.royandtara.com

She is the singer, while he plays the acoustic guitar. They did a fabulous version of Fleetwood Mac's Songbird. She has a very sweet voice but also very powerful voice which brought a tear to almost everybody's eye! I think they play at receptions too...

Hope that helps!! Best of luck with your search!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

I will do some searching for you.

Have you got your photographer sorted too??

mikeanywhere, photographer and band booked 2 years ago Thank GOD!!!

Let the church music slide a little. Appreciate anything you can do!!

Want to go on recommendations rather than go blind. Would rather a classical theme than trad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Fcuk a string quartet.

I know a heap of Slashers who do a mean 'Highway to Hell'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Advertisement