Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wireless Co-Ax Analogue Transmitter

• 26-09-2007 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,
    I've the bedrooms at home all hooked up to a splitter box, (easy to do through the attic) but now the folks want a tv in the good room. (not boring holes in walls to do this one!) Is there a half decent cheapish wireless transmitter out there that will take an input from a splitter box and transmit it to a receiver that will plug into the co-ax in of a tv?
    Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Homer

Hi,

Have never come across a wireless transmitter that sends coaxial?
    What tv system are you using? Sky ot Ntl/Chorus? If you have a digital receiver from either provider you could plug the transmitter into that and the receiver where the new TV is located.
    Alternatively plug the transmitter into the TV that is closest to the location of the new TV and send it from that. If you do it this way just make sure you connect it to a scart output on the TV that is two-way as opposed to one-way (in only).
    Hope that helps. Wireless video senders usually produce reasonable results. Will definitely work as long as the distance is not too far and your walls are not 4ft thick concrete!
    Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi,
    So basically there really isnt an analogue wireless transmitter?
    In Cork there's a supplier of the bbc channels and a couple of more (South Coast Community) which comes in through the analogue co-ax. Which is the signal I am trying to send wirelessly. I don't have any scart inputs to plug into the transmitter you are talking about.
    Thanks
    Gary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭conax

he is referring to the scart on the back of your TV, this will only transmit the channel that is currently been viewed on the TV.

Advertisement