Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mapping LPT Ports

• 26-09-2007 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

XP Professional.
    Users local group: Users

I have a script that maps shares and printers for users. All the shares map fine as does all the printers except one. If I run the script as a Local Administrator everything maps fine. The printers are shared via a printserver and all have the correct security settings. I have read that XP wont alow users to map LPT1 under certain conditions but I am trying to map LPT3 and it fails everytime. I am able to map LPT1 no problem.
    net use lpt3: \\myprintserver\myprinter 

The password is invalid for \\myprintserver\myprinter 

Enter the user name for 'myprintserver':

If I even supply a user name and password, it fails!
    System error 5 has occured.
    Access Denied

I can browse to the printserver and connect to the printer without any trouble, mapping just will not work. Its very annoying as it maps a total of 5 printers and LPT3 is the only one to fail.

Any ideas? Gonna be pulling hair soon.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The password is invalid for \\myprintserver\myprinter

try

net use
    to see what it's trying to do first

net use lpt3: \\myprintserver\myprint /user:%username%
    net use lpt3: \\myprintserver.domain\myprint /user:domain\%username%

don't forget
    net view \\myprintserver

and make sure there are no spaces in the print share, so you don't have to arse about with quotes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Get con2prt.exe, make sure it's in the netlogon folder and call it from your script.

cheerio
    Howard

Advertisement