Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes and brakes

Options
  • 26-09-2007 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Left my bike outside myplace of work earlier to check the roster for the following week...returned to it later to find that the brakes had been cut and that the caps for the tyres were both missing...does anyone know how much it'd cost to get it fixed ie the brakes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

fúcking vandalising scum. I hate that shít.

When you say "cut" you mean the cables were cut yeah?

If that's all it is, probably €20 to see it right. You'll need a set of cables and the outer covers for them(if the covers were cut too?). Easy job, just grease the cable and copy the way the cables are done on the bike at the moment. All you need tools wise is an allen key and something to cut the cables. Any bike shop will have the cables and the outers if you need them.

They stole the valve caps? Were they just the regular plastic ones yeah? Cúnts-that's such utterly pointless vandalism. You don't really need the valve caps though, and if you really want to replace them go to any petrol station to the pump and you'll find a few lying on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

I think so, I'm not wholly sure, basically there's this metal thingy (excuse the lingo!) connected to the brakes, one on each side of both wheels. There were wire coming out of the metal thingy, but only one remains at both the back and the front...if that makes any sense! Apologies, and thanks al ot for your help, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Sounds like a little gurriers walking around with a cable snips for no other reason then just being an a**holes.

Cost depends if you want to do the work yourself or get a bike shop to do it. Couldn't exactly price it but I don't think you'll see much change out of €15 - €20 for the two cables and cable covers alone.

Don't worry about valve caps. you can life without them, brakes however.....

do your brakes look like this?
    v-brakes.jpg
    or like this?
    centerbrake.JPG

or something completley different?

Yep the first one...

• Advertisement

What part of the brake is missing/cut in the picture above?

i'd say just bring it to a bike shop and show it to them. They'll have the parts you need and they'll fit them fairly quickly.

Yeah think'll I do that tomorrow, thanks a lot for the help!

Advertisement