Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In-built time on xbox console

• 26-09-2007 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

i found that the time on my xbox doesnt stay on time when i turn it off and then turn it on again,is there any way you can get it to keep updated cos its screwed up my bioshock save files,any help would be great:)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you have it connected to xbox live it updates the time I think.

I have the same problem as well, very annoying. Really bad design decision by MS since the original xbox had the same problem and it used to screw up the saves in games like Prince of Persia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

thanks for that,its annoying though,cant get the internet on my xbox, gonna have to get used to the screwed time then :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Yeah its very annoying. There must not be a built in battery on the main board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

there must be a battery, i turn of my 360 at the mains completely after shut down and sometimes dont connect to live at all. havent had any problems with bioshock save games.
    ye'd void yer warranty trying to replace it yerself if there is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if youre unplugging it at the mains, youll lose the time after a few hours

if youre just turning it off, you shouldnt, i know i havent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

yeah i unplug it at the mains so the clock keeps resetting,tbh though for the amount you pay for the machine you at least expect them to have thought of a battery for the time,is the elite any different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The time on the Xbox 360 (much like a PC) is controlled by a CMOS battery. If the time keeps changing, it may mean the battery is on its way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

DarkJager wrote:
    The time on the Xbox 360 (much like a PC) is controlled by a CMOS battery. If the time keeps changing, it may mean the battery is on its way out.

I dont think there is any CMOS battery in the 360?

The same way there is on a cube....

It only updates time from XBL afaik, and yes if its plugged out for a bit it loses the time....

Anyone? maybe Helix who cracked his open confirm this?

i dont recall seeing any battery inside her to be honest, and i generally pay a bit of heed to these things coz im a nosey so and so, theres defo one in the wii anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

There isn't one.
    If you just turn it off it will keep the time. If you plug it out it will lose the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I haven't really had a good chance to get a look at the inner workings of the 360 but there must be something to regulate the time and date settings?? Maybe its an extra function added to the CPU?

havent noticed any problems and i've left it plugged out for weeks. maybe didnt notice anything cause of connecting to live.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It definitely doesn't have a battery to keep the time. There was a lot of complaints about this when the xbox 360 was released since it was a big flaw with the original xbox that MS didn't bother to fix. The time automatically updates each time you connect to live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Oh noes...

So I was playing Halo 3, finished halfway through the second level, came back to it later that day and progressed to halfway through the 3rd level and then last night I selected continue campaign.... And it put me back to the second level. I know why, my clock resets to 12 every time I plug out and at the mo I've no BB!! Any ideas how I can continue and use the save game from later in the game... Help me please!!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Oh noes...

So I was playing Halo 3, finished halfway through the second level, came back to it later that day and progressed to halfway through the 3rd level and then last night I selected continue campaign.... And it put me back to the second level. I know why, my clock resets to 12 every time I plug out and at the mo I've no BB!! Any ideas how I can continue and use the save game from later in the game... Help me please!!:(

Ouch, don't know if you'll get a way around that dude.

Just try and keep it plugged in from now on I suppose even while powered down

that really is one stupid design flaw. even worse that they did it the 2nd time round.

you could just not plug it out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Helix wrote:
    you could just not plug it out?

Perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly enough, I know what the problem is now. I want advice on how to get my save game back!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

To answer your question, try going to the second item on the menu (campaign) instead of using the first one.
    There should be an option here to start from the beggining of the third level (it's better than nothing...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Oh noes...

I'd say the problem is more likely to be that you didn't save and exit? Getting a checkpoint is not an autosave. Even if the time was wrong, the save file would have been overwrote when you hit save and it would be the only one there and thus the one that got loaded.

• Advertisement
Advertisement