Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

to dye or not to dye?

• 26-09-2007 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

they say everyone goes blonde at least once in their life. now ive been thinking about it. heres me: i have natural dark brown hair so i have dark eyebrows. i dont wanna look a right tit with my eyebrows sticking out a mile!
    so any suggestions, types of blonde etc
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

you'd have to bleach your eyebrows. i think its a really bad idea though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 l_whitty

hey i have dark brown hair and brown eyebrows, i started out with blonde highlights and they get built up gradually its better that way, but i really like the blonde now the eyebrows are fine brown as long as the hair aint too blonde.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 -avey-

i personally have never dyed my hair blonde, but my best friend does regularly, tho she gets lowlights and a few diff shades of blonde thru her hair so its not peroxide blonde.. her eyebrows r dark but wit d brown underneath her hair, it goes well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I've naturally blonde hair but I've brown eyebrows...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Never dyed blonde. Was dark brunette, but after 2 years of So Cal beach sun I'm a lot lighter. Goes well with a tan. The decision to go blonde may work for you, depending upon your colouring, hair style, etc. Remember a dramatic change in hair colour will affect the clothes you can wear in many cases. You many have to shop for new outfits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

If I were you I'd go for a few highlights first, work your way up to it, especially if you're dark brown. Get highlights, get the base colour of your hair a lighter brown, add in more and more til you're more blonde than brunette, and it will be less of a stark contrast if you build it up slowly rather than going platinum blonde overnight. Will be kinder to your hair too - bleach can make the hair very dry and straw-like, so see if your hair can take the transition with a few highlights, see what the condition is with the highlights in, if you go totally blonde and you find your hair is gone so brittle it's breaking, there's little you can do to rectify the situation.

As for eyebrows, are they very dark? could you use a light brown eyebrow pencil to lighten them up a bit? I wouldn't worry too much about the eyebrows unless they're jet black, my cousin is naturally blonde and has dark brown eyebrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Definitely do it gradually.
    I am very dark brown and once in college I bleached it peroxide yellow (I wouldn't even call it blonde). Total disaster and it took my hair about 5 years to recover.
    I am now gradually going lighter with highlights. I've had about three lots in and it gets a bit lighter every time.
    I've always had that curiosity about being blonde too so you should definitely go for it but maybe not all at once.
    Wouldn't worry about the eyebrows....at least half the "blondes" you see have dark brows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

depends on the style you're going for...if you like the glamorous Marilyn Monroe/peroxide blonde look then dark eyebrows are fine, similarly with a more edgy rock-chick look

Advertisement