Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Broadband in galway?

Options
  • 26-09-2007 7:02pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is it here? does anybody here have it? Does it reach anywhere near the advertised 3.6meg?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Might be getting the lend of a friends 3 dongle this weekend - will be using is on Lough Corrib, ill let you know how I get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

i have hear they are mena be dire and if you go over the cap they rape you very hard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As opposed to "a light rape" by eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

it goes nowhere near 3mb, have had it for 2 months now, brutal. download speeds have not exceeded 50kb/s so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole if I were you. My cousin and sister got it.

Various Issues:

1) Cousin's worked for about a week. Then kept getting the message "Data modem invalid". I uninstalled the software and tried to install it again. The wizard to install the software didn't fire and haven't been able to get it running since

2) Sister got it only last week. Installed ok but kept getting the "modem invalid" message. She rang tech support and they tried to walk her through it twice but it still wouldn't work. She had to disable dell support, uninstall all antvirus. Apparently it doesn't work with certain applications on your system such as dell support, norton, hp quickplay. Tech support gave up eventually and told her to bring it back to the shop

I've had a rant about it here
    3 modem problem

If you do get it make sure you test the ****e out of it the first two weeks as there is a 14 day period you can return and get your money back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah, I plan to bring it bak if it is like that, thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

I don't want to overtake your topic tar but can anyone recommend a broadband company other than 3 for cus and sis...

Neither have a phone line so wireless or mobile broadband.
    They can't use ntl as both have sky tv

Locations: raghleigh row and knocknacarra

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

See if they can get digiweb there, Irish BB is terrible so not them I would guess...

Advertisement