Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixie shops in Dublin

Options
  • 26-09-2007 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

I am visiting Dublin for 3 months studying in Trinity. Can anyone tell me which bike shops do in track and messenger bikes, frames and accessories? And is it possible to get hold of vintage steel track frames here in Dublin?

Freds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Freds wrote:
    Hi

I am visiting Dublin for 3 months studying in Trinity. Can anyone tell me which bike shops do in track and messenger bikes, frames and accessories? And is it possible to get hold of vintage steel track frames here in Dublin?

Freds

Penny Farthing Cycles on Wexford St sometimes have 'em in, and could build one up for you from a frame, or Commuting Solutions in Rathmines will have the Giant Bowery in in a few days, but I've got my eye on it, so you can't have it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Cycleways do FORT and Specialized Langsters, they mnight have some more. Cyclelogical may do Bianchi. They specialse more in light weight stuff, pretty expensive. Ferris Wheel in Booterstown do Fuji I think. Vintage Steel frames are probably hard to come by. Ebay being your best bet to get vintage frames from the UK, a friend got a 1961 Carlton track frame for €60 odd last year. Either that go hang out in Hogans bar on Georges St. Thurs thru Saturday and ask the messengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

Them couriers usually hang around at the north east corner of Stephens Green during the day too, if you want to ask them stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

My experience with Penny Farthing wasn't that great. Approach with caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

i might sell the one i'm building now

stay tuned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

flickerx wrote:
    i might sell the one i'm building now

stay tuned

If you're willing to flog it, drop me a line... I'm very interested!

Also, Ferris Wheel don't do fixed gear anymore, and neither do Bike Rack -they're also no longer Fuli stockists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Freds

Hi

Tried some of the shops mentioned but no luck. Ebay wasn't really full of track frames either. Does anyone know if the messengers have an internetforum where they communicate? I am looking for a vintage steel frame around size 58-60 if anyone has something. Already have the rest of the bike just looking for a frame, thanks flickerx. Maybe I should try finding them couriers at Stephens Green...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Saba-Viner-Pista-frame-ex-Ian-Hallam_W0QQitemZ190156530073QQihZ009QQcategoryZ22679QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I spotted this frame, perfect size for you. It's got seriously tight clearance though, so you'd have trouble fitting a front brake, not to mention the fact that the fork isn't drilled and it'd be a bit of a crime to drill it.

Advertisement