Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for LNB recommendation

• 26-09-2007 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭

i'm planning to buy a toroidal 90cm dish and i'm wondering if anyone could recommend a good quality quad (or quattro) LNB. i currently have a vision 4in, 16 out multiswitch on my sky dish and would like to improve the quality of the signal. i also plan to point at astra 19.2E and possibly hotbird.

i have only found one review article (in german) of various LNBs. if anyone has any pointers, i would be grateful.

--
    simon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They are all much the same. Some lower NF (< 0.3) are not so good as higher NF. Any NF from 0.3 to 0.6 is fine.
    Alps and Triax Quattro are OK

Dish size, not LNB or receiver is the main thing for good signal. Going from 60cm to 90cm is maybe 20times or more the difference between 0.6NF and 0.2NF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭conax

I would agree with the above, increasing the dish size is a much better solution than trying to get a better LNB to do more (or less) work on the existing signal. As for different LNB's I have gone right off triax quattro LNB's take a look at the titanium LNB's they are excellent for use with multiswitches and offer a far superior performance that the Triax LNB's. If you are connecting multiple LNB's to the dish and want the same level of distribution as you currently enjoy you will also have to change the multiswitch to a diseqc multiswitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭simonckenyon

thanks for that.

is titanium a brand or what?

i was eventually planning to get a 17in, 16out multiswitch, once i had the wave frontier and the LNBs all set up.

--
    simon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Titanium is a brand from smart electronics. I agree with the guys increasing dish size has much more benefit although if you cannot do this the titaniums offer excellent performance.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement