Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First few days...

Options
  • 26-09-2007 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭

How is everyone settling in?

Is everyone having problems with the registration? It seems to be happening to a lot of people I know...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Fine. Registered online easily enough, just got to do it in person for History tomorrow and Politics next week.

For some strange reason I prefer the huge classes of last year to the medium sized ones of this year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

as a fresher im having a ball!! the part of registration in the aula maxima was a tad annoyin though, was waiting there for ages... gettin a tad fed up of ppl askin me to open bank accounts too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

No problems so far. Had a good night out last night (Thursday). Registration was no problem.

Some of my friends are all over the place with complications from registration. Frustrating for some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Carolus Magnus

It has been a good week. The Classics department didn't think to send out any literature at all to their students, so I turned up to the 'initial' lecture venue, only for it to be a History of Art one. Off to the office after that, and then they tell you that "Oh, sorry, lectures begin as normal this week." FFS!

Mike Cosgrave is a legend needless to say. The guy actually organises wargaming as part of the history options and seminars he teaches. They serve as a trenchant pedagogical tool, of course, helping one to get a handle on the musket and pike warfare of 15th century Italy like no textbook can. Ahem. >_> <_<

Apparently he also gives credit for online discussion and blogging (O_O) as part of the 20% of Seminar marks going for the oral presentation. And has a blog. And videos his lectures on his mobile phone.

I could go on, but you know, this says it all: www.mikecosgrave.com Legendary lecturer!

Edit - And Geoff Roberts no longer teaches any undergrad modules, but apparently is still floating about out there. Somewhere. Supervising PhD students perhaps. *sniff*

Isn't there supposed to be debates on both Monday and Wendesday?One on animal rights and one with Eoghan Harris in Boole about Ireland's attitude to the US.

Both sound interesting, but can't get more info(times/location) on them on the web.Little help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

eoghan harris is the law society one, its on at 7.30 in kane g 19, mark little of rte will be there too

Thanks a lot.

For those doing second year History, the apparently non-existent impossible to find Transformation of Europe:1300-1600 by David Nicholas is on Amazon UK:D

Mervyn O'Driscoll didn't turn up for Politics of the USA I yesterday which pissed me off, but other then that fine first week.

Anyone know where LL6 is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Orizio wrote:
    Anyone know where LL6 is?

Boole 6. one of the two small lecture rooms en route to boole 3 and 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Carolus Magnus

Orizio wrote:
    For those doing second year History, the apparently non-existent impossible to find Transformation of Europe:1300-1600 by David Nicholas is on Amazon UK:D

Cheers for that. Though, I don't know how reliable this is, but I hear Dave Edwards tends to be the teensiest bit hyperbolic >_>

Edit: By the way, it seems like the registration for second year history has come through. What did everyone get? I've gotten both my options, but not the Seminar I wanted to do. "Patrick and his Biographers" it is then. Mike Cosgrave's was oversubscribed. Should be on the basis of last year's results, godammit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kel Varnsen

Anyone else select conflicting subjects(time wise)? I can't seem to change the subject in question on the 'change module/subject registration' page.

• Advertisement

Got my choices in History. Doing the rise of democracy in Eastern Europe on Friday Morning.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

fionated7 wrote:
    as a fresher im having a ball!!

Ditto! Im having the time of my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

In the same one myself....pity it's on so early! In saying that, I've to be in for 9 for the research project lecture anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Selphie wrote:
    Ditto! Im having the time of my life!
    Even though I'm just in second year, I would actually like to go back to being a fresher again.....:D

Advertisement