Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parrot Car Kit in A4 Sound Problem

Options
  • 26-09-2007 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Got a parrot mk6100 system installed in my audi a4 and eventually got all the bluetooth set up etc. Problem is that there is hissing coming from a speaker that is under the front windscreen say (for want of a better description), now i'm pretty sure the ones in the doors are working grand but was wondering how i would go about fixing this? Is the speaker broken or is just a loose connection or something? can it be disconnected for just phonecalls and be working when i hace the radio on? Its a symphony factory fit ghead unit if thats any good to anyone.

If anyone had any feedback on this it would be great...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Did the appearance of the hiss coincide with the fitting of the Parrot kit? Does the hiss happen with radio, CD and phone kit - or just with one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

crosstownk wrote:
    Did the appearance of the hiss coincide with the fitting of the Parrot kit? Does the hiss happen with radio, CD and phone kit - or just with one of them?

Thanks for the reply. The hiss was never there while listening to the radio or cds. Just when i'm actually making or receiving calls...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Thanks for the reply. The hiss was never there while listening to the radio or cds. Just when i'm actually making or receiving calls...

Have the Parrot connections to the head unit rechecked, and while your at it, check all other connections to the Parrot kit - it sounds like the kit is at fault. If you recently had this installed then contact the installer and tell then that something is not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

I did that there this morning, thanks. Getting an independent guy to check it out this evening. The guy who installed it says the sound is going through the front door speakers and not the speaker under the windscreen. He reckons that that speaker is powered by the rear amplifier and is giving feedback when everything is muted. He said that i could disconnect the yellow mute wire at the back and evertime i make a call to manually turn down volume of speakers for the radio and the call will still come through the front 2 speakers...If that makes any sense...

Thanks for coming back to me tho. I hope that gives you more background to the problem

Advertisement