Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

careless developers

Options
  • 26-09-2007 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

happened to be walking around victoria cross today, the poor students! What you have to do to cross the road!

I was walking along the pavement and then suddenly it stopped with railings, no warning sign or anything on an extemely busy road. To cross safely one had to go back to lights about 100 yards which take about 10 mins for the green man.

Of course people ploughed on, where you are actually walking in a lane. One girl ahead of me was really close to an accident.

also, big student accomadationis built right on the road. Developers dont care, more money for them.

I am sick of the way this country is going. Spent a summer in America (which I hated) and every yr we get more like them. I don't blame anyone. Nothing can be done to stop 'progress' (for some...)

sorry, strayed from my initial rant (which I am going to complain about).

later

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ya i was there last week or week before at around 4.30 or 5 in the evening, it took me like 10 minutes to get across the road, traffic lights not there, crazy speeds of cars... It's mad....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I feel your pain! But something can be done but it just isn't!

The property developers cannot be blamed (as much as I would like to), they have been given clearance to build. The problem lies with the muppets in the local councils and local government...they are the ones who grant planning permission for so much of these developments without any concern given to public amenities and general flow of traffic (human or otherwise).

Just look at the traffic chaos on the Rochestown road (and every other suburb in Cork for that matter) and you will see how bad the situation is. Small narrow roads with junctions originally intended for light in-frequent traffic is now over burdened with hundreds of commuters from the countless housing estates squashed into fields along the way!

The public need to stand up and be heard, or maybe we deserve this, we did vote these clowns into power in the first place :mad:

OK, now I need a cool drink of water (over my head)!

Advertisement