Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE vs TNA

• 26-09-2007 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Been havin dis argument wit a few people for a while!! at de moment i truly tink dat even though its alot chessier dat TNA has more appeal 2 de fans dan WWE!!

WWE storylines seem 2 be all falling apart and i am really annoyed at de fact dat de tag team belts seemed 2 hav become meaningless!! dat belt has brought about sum of de best matches in de history of de WWE!! Tna seem 2 always hav exciting matches and entertaining storylines!!

Any toughts on de matter??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Easy with the text speak please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

WWE's not the best it's ever been at the moment, doesn't really compare to even how it was for the first few months of this year. But TNA is far worse. One year ago TNA was actually pretty decent, but it's just gone downhill so bad it's hard to believe

If you think the WWE tag belts mean nothing, then surely you must think that the TNA tag titles mean even less? They were traded around under singles wrestler rules for a while and now a guy who's not allowed to wrestle holds one half of them

I haven't been watching much WWE recently, or TNA, but I read the reviews and I'll watch any good matches if I hear of any, but TNA has nothing on WWE in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Does Fozzy wanna fix the original post?? pls? It's all greek to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I hate text speak, but I think it was refreshing to read this, it's not something I have become use to on the site and gives the wrestling board a new dimension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Bubs101 wrote:
    Does Fozzy wanna fix the original post?? pls? It's all greek to me

What f*ckin' language was the original poster writing in? Cos i'm f*cked if i ever saw it before except in one or two text messages occasionally but i just deleted those because i figured they were a virus.

Has boards.ie come down with a virus? And should we let the admins know?
    VR!

• Advertisement

"TNA is better than WWE. Discuss"

Try using your full keyboard abilities in future, Kettle316

Oh fair enough. I'd say in an ideal world you'd have WWE shows leading to TNA PPV's. Personally I prefer WWE but only because they have 5 hours so it's easier to find 1 hour's worth of good stuff but when TNA is good, it tends to be better than the WWE. When it's bad, it's Rikishi in a bikini contest bad

Bubs101 wrote:
    When it's bad, it's Rikishi in a bikini contest bad

DUDE!!! I'm trying to eat my dinner!
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Fozzy wrote:
    If you think the WWE tag belts mean nothing, then surely you must think that the TNA tag titles mean even less? They were traded around under singles wrestler rules for a while and now a guy who's not allowed to wrestle holds one half of them

Oh i agree dat de tag belts are poor in TNA too but i tink its annoying de way de tag team standards hav completely plummited in de WWE!!

How can u not understand txt language?? u's all must be ancient!!

• Advertisement

I take it that you missed the new Team Angle then (That'd be Angle's shoulder and waist carrying the belts). Now they have Team Pacman which is Ron Killings and Pacman Jones of NFL fame with the belts. But here's the crunch, he can't wrestle. And no I don't mean he lacks technichall skill, he technichally can't wrestle due to his contract.

As for the WWE tag teams, The best story line ATM is probably the MVP HArdy tag title angle on Smackdown and while I hate Brokeback Mountain (or the gay cowboy team of Cade and Murdoch) Londrick and TWGTT are good.

Kettle316 wrote:
    How can u not understand txt language?? u's all must be ancient!!
    Probably because it belongs on a phone, not on a PC. Anyway, predictive text is so in right now

How can you not use a keyboard?? You must be retarded!!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Predictive all the way. txt lnguge mks u rtrdd.

Edit: VR I was this close *does Shelton Benjamin fingers thing to HHH* ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

English Version:
    Oh I understand it alright, but it belongs on a phone screen and maybe bebo, but anywhere else is just stupid!

And as far as calling my fellow boardsies 'ancient', not everyone who uses the internet is 15, ya know!

and for the benefit of those who prefer txt spk,
    Txt version:
    I understnd, alrite, bt it b-longs on a fone scrn nd mayb bebo, but newere else is jst stupid!

nd as far as callin me fellow boardsies 'ancient', nt evry1 hu uses da net is 15, ya kno!

I think 15 is a bit generous there Minto.

Double C wrote:
    Predictive all the way. txt lnguge mks u rtrdd.

Edit: VR I was this close *does Shelton Benjamin fingers thing to HHH* ;)
    And just like Benjamin, you're fast, but just not fast enough. You'll always trail narrowly behind ;)

VR!

Double C wrote:
    I think 15 is a bit generous there Minto.

Im 13 mate!!

And just like Triple H you'll squash everyone on the board ;)
    Kettle316 wrote:
    Im 13 mate!!

Thought so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Kettle316 wrote:
    Im 13 mate!!

Welcome along. Just go easy on the text speak.

• Advertisement

Double C wrote:
    And just like Triple H you'll squash everyone on the board ;)

I would so love to quote that one as well! :)
    VR!

You can't Bully a 13 year old unless it's KentonBomb, it's in the charter.

Wel there we go, ladies and gentleman. The guy is 13! You wouldn't happen to be a big Mr. Kennedy fan would you?

How do we know he's not wearing a mask?! He could be the Mr America of the forum for all we know?

Who is that masked man?!
    VR!

Back on topic please lads. Kettle316, as I said you'd be well advised to put a bit more effort into your typing

A leave him be. He could be one of Vince's graduates

Bubs101 wrote:
    A leave him be. He could be one of Vince's graduates

Whats that supposed to mean??

I'd like to know that myself!

I'd like to know too Bubs, and what would he be required to do to... ahum "graduate"? ;)

VR!

• Advertisement

Vince1893408402450353453572734 teaches primary school doesn't he? He's always talks about how his kids annoy him after every PPV

Bubs101 wrote:
    Vince1893408402450353453572734 teaches primary school doesn't he? He's always talks about how his kids annoy him after every PPV

I think I've mentioned primary teaching twice (three at most) since I've posted here. Hardly counts as always. Glad your paying attention to me though.

Sorry about this being off topic.

Hah, my better half is the same, she teaches secondary school and got first and second years annoying her when she said she was at the events at the Point and the RDS two years ago.

Hard to believe that was two years ago now, eh?
    VR!

Oh, it was a joke!
    I get jokes!

Bubs101, I like your version of the numbers after Vince's name!

Couldn't copy and paste his name so I Mcgyvered him with only a number pad, a pen and a piece of string

Lol, whats with all the MaGuiver stuff as late?

• Advertisement

RDA made an appearance in some X-Box shop today in Ireland

Ah right! Makes sense I suppose.

Minto wrote:
    Ah right! Makes sense I suppose.

You sound like Jarrett or Mantell after Russo has just come to them with his next BIG idea.

I'm being unfair to Russo. He's not all to blame.

You sound like Jarrett or Mantell after Russo has just come to them with his next BIG idea.

I'm being unfair to Russo. He's not all to blame.

Funniest thing I've heard all day and thats saying something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I love when a thread degenerates into nothingness. Reminds me of the old IWW boards when this happened every SINGLE thread..........:p

• Advertisement

Heh, that happened practically every Irish wrestling forum at one stage or another though in fairness! ;)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The only srprising this is that Jeffk or Kas didn't cause it.

Re the topic, personally I think both promotions are terrible at the moment. The whole McMahon show on Raw is quite simply unwatchable, and with Tripper back its only going to go in one direction for the foreseeable.

SD isn't too bad, but with mongs like Duece & Domino, Khali, Kane etc it gets a bit crap. The whole wedding storyline, and the ending to it last week was just awful. The Matt & MVP storyline is about the only thing remotely interesting on it now, but it not so interesting that i have to tune into it.

TNA has great potential, but chooses not to use it. In the tag division they have the Murder City Machine Guns, Low Ki and Daniels, LAX all of whom are hopelessly overlooked at the moment. All 6 of those guys, maybe with the exception of Hernandez are excellent in singles, most notably Shelley and Low Ki (I hate referring to him as Senshi). Samoa Joe was pushed as the next big thing, and all of a sudden he is back in the mid card. Poor ol Jay Lethals gimmick is horrific. The are using washed up tag teams like The Steiners, The Dudleys (were they ever good?), and VKM, leaving the above mentioned to flounder. They have ****ty stip matches like electrified cage matches and a reverse battle royal. I dont even know what the latter is, but Iassume it is nonsense.

I dont know is it that I have been watching wrestling too long and that I am growing out of it or what, but one way or other, the mainstream is gone to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DerekSmalls

gimmick wrote:
    I dont know is it that I have been watching wrestling too long and that I am growing out of it or what, but one way or other, the mainstream is gone to hell.
    You're not growing out of it. It's utter balls at the minute. You can never watch wrestling for too long!

gimmick wrote:
    Poor ol Jay Lethals gimmick is horrific. The are using washed up tag teams like The Steiners, The Dudleys (were they ever good?), and VKM, leaving the above mentioned to flounder.

Hold up a sec there. Lethal's gimmick is comedy gold and he's probably more over now than he ever was! And the Steiners v Team 3D had some great moments but they dragged it on for too long.

The rest i will agree on right off the bat.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the thing that annoys me with tna is that they constantly give pushes to washed up wwf/e hasbeens and midcarders, i mean the new age oulaws,were they EVER good? nope they just has a singalong entrance, the dudleys fair enough were entertaining as hell in the wwe until they got stale and jarrett,yeah hes management but hes deluded himself into thinking he should be a main eventer when hes nothing but a midcarder for life, they should be using their own talent like joe,styles,senshi and the tag teams

krudler wrote:
    the thing that annoys me with tna is that they constantly give pushes to washed up wwf/e hasbeens and midcarders, i mean the new age oulaws,were they EVER good? nope they just has a singalong entrance, the dudleys fair enough were entertaining as hell in the wwe until they got stale and jarrett,yeah hes management but hes deluded himself into thinking he should be a main eventer when hes nothing but a midcarder for life, they should be using their own talent like joe,styles,senshi and the tag teams

Jarrett eventually took the hint though when the crowd were chanting "Drop the title" during his matches. Granted other circumstances were involved, but still.

Team 3D for all intents and purposes were always throwaway junk but the served their purpose to bounce around the tag team scene with the Hardys and E&C. And i agree with the Outlaws, they were amusing for a bit, but the novelty wore thin, although i did enjoy VKM winding up Christy Hemme every week.

VR!

Hold up a sec there. Lethal's gimmick is comedy gold and he's probably more over now than he ever was!

I can name many current wrestling gimmicks that are comedy gold, but Lethal's is not one in my book. It's pretty much turned me against him at this stage, which is a pity as he's had some damn fine matches in the past, before he ever relied on the elbow drop. He's still got plenty of time though, I'd like to see him drop the gimmick at some stage

While I'm not a fan of Team 3D, I have to give it to them as they seem to be the only wrestlers in TNA who can get actual heel heat these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

krudler wrote:
    the thing that annoys me with tna is that they constantly give pushes to washed up wwf/e hasbeens and midcarders, i mean the new age oulaws,were they EVER good? nope they just has a singalong entrance,

i am not going to debate whether the were good or not but they were super-over between 1997-99. Their merchanise sales were only bettered by Rock and Austin at that time. I remember going to WWE shows in 1998 and people would go mental when these two came out, not bad for two guys whose singles gimmicks included rockabilly, mr ass, the roadie :rolleyes:

rossie1977 wrote:
    not bad for two guys whose singles gimmicks included rockabilly, mr ass, the roadie :rolleyes:

You forgot Road Doggy Dogg! K-Kack's sidekick in a pair of dungarees, hair like K-Kack's and trying to rap! (WWE end of 2000, early 2001).

VR!

You forgot Road Doggy Dogg! K-Kack's sidekick in a pair of dungarees, hair like K-Kack's and trying to rap! (WWE end of 2000, early 2001).

And a lot of his TNA run as well!

• Advertisement
Advertisement