Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need 2nd hand fuel injection unit-97 corsa

Options
  • 26-09-2007 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Anyone know any scrap yards where i might pick up a 2nd hand one,mechanic told me today that it needs to be replaced and would cost round 800 mark new:( but only 100 second hand:).....he is finding it hard to locate one himself so thought i would post here,i dont mind travelling,any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

The main throttle body on that houses a few parts in one. These include the fuel injector itself, the idle motor, the MAF etc. They cannot all be faulty (well very unlikely). If it is the MAF this can be overhauled. Which part is needed?

Edit, I jumped to the conclusion that this is the 1.0 3 cyl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

be jesus diagnostic u have me there,its a 1.2 litre anyway....so basically ur saying it should only be maybe 1 or 2 parts that makes up the entire unit thats faulty? Maybe hes takin advantage of me...

What I posted above was aimed at the 1.0 as per my edit but still holds mostly true for the 1.2

I am not saying he is taking advantage, just seems strange to change the whole lot.Ask him to try and source just the faulty part.

sorry to annoy you but what parts make up the fuel unit again? want to seem like i have at least some idea...

here is the t/body attached

13 is idle motor
    9 is fuel pressure regulator
    16 is the injector
    21 is the throttle position sensor

Corsa.jpg

• Advertisement

Any ideas roughly what each part would cost?

Advertisement