Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a combined pannier and backpack

Options
  • 26-09-2007 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭

The title sums it up. I want a pannier that I can take off the bike and put on my back for when I'm running around town. I always end up with a fair bit of junk, so it must go over both shoulders, not just one.

Anyone any idea where I'd get one? I'm willing to pay a fair bit for it.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

EileenG wrote:
    The title sums it up. I want a pannier that I can take off the bike and put on my back for when I'm running around town. I always end up with a fair bit of junk, so it must go over both shoulders, not just one.
    Ortlieb do a backpack harness for their panniers, that you attach the pannier to after you take it off the rack. I haven't found a local Ortlieb supplier, so I order from the UK. Excellent quality gear, though, it'll keep water out even if you fall into the canal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

i got my ortlieb panniers from cycleways, parnell st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Cycleways stock Ortlieb panniers but I don't think they have the backpack harness thingy.
    rp wrote:
    Ortlieb do a backpack harness for their panniers, that you attach the pannier to after you take it off the rack. I haven't found a local Ortlieb supplier, so I order from the UK. Excellent quality gear, though, it'll keep water out even if you fall into the canal...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

They list it on the site here, but I don't know if they have it in stock. Some discussion of how useful it is here: consensus seems to be it's OK, but no great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

From looking at those links, I think the Arkel bug is what I want. http://www.arkel-od.com/panniers/backpack/overview.asp?fl=1&site=

Thanks guys, I'll see if I can get my hands on one of those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

That looks like a really smart design - haven't seen those before. Let us know if you find a dealer for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Knog are making some now as well

http://www.knog.com.au

Advertisement