Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New web page. Need your honest feedback (NOT TOO HONEST!)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

kbannon wrote:
    Can someone PM Steve in H365 and tell them to be prepared for a lot of hits on this site tomorrow evening so that the servers don't crash?

:D
    It's going to be the opening event of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

robbie1876 wrote:
    Bring it on. Best thread on boards for ages.

I'm eating popcorn reading this.

I agree. I am constantly popping back to this thread for updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

WPI20000 wrote:
    John says it's excellent for the hits and he really knows what he's talking about way smarter than any of you (andeven me))

Wow thats great! A few pages back I went to the bother of offering quite a lot of advice but what you wrote there is just juvenile and insulting.

If that was meant to be a joke you could have made it clearer.

If "John" is so smart, why the hell did he let you go live with the site (and the idea that a store will automatically translate into hits is nonsense). "John" aint sounding so smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

it's going live on the dot at 6.P.M (might be a bit late, though... busy day )

Erm....6pm which day ?

Mind you, I just re-read the sentence and I have to say that the phrasing of even that sounds like an FF politician! I'd have said "around 6pm", since saying "on the dot" before saying "might be a bit late" is, to be kind, a little bit dopey....

Can't wait to see the "update", though, and many thanks to all of those invisible posters who suggested the final list of 4 "improvements" :rolleyes:

I, too, am beginning to smell a rat......it has to be either a "big ed loves mona" style PR stunt or a complete piss-take.

POST END, fading to the ironic sound of "This Business Enterprise (My Friend John) by Those Nervous Animals".......

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What a thread! My money is on the currency that only resides from under bridge tolls..
    WPI20000 wrote:
    1. Flash footbal game (there are tonnes of these on the net but all are cr@p)
    2. google search (don't know if youve ever seen it but you can put a search powered by GoogleSearchEngines on your actual web page... not really complicated stuff. PM FOR INFO)
    3.Online shop (don't know about this persoannly but John says it's excellent for the hits and he really knows what he's talking about way smarter than any of you (andeven me))
    4. Guess your age .this is still in development stage but basically you answer loads of questions (when were you born, do you have any sisters usual stuff ) and apparently it knows your age
    1. Don't do it.
    2. Go for it, it's very simple to do.
    3. Just any old shop right? Sure, just stick a shop in there and she'll be grand so, get loads of hits :D
    4. I would love to see your beta version of this, please PLEASE link to the beta for us to test out. Please.
    John says it's excellent for the hits and he really knows what he's talking about way smarter than any of you
    erm, lol

Good luck with the site dude, I for one will be draining your bandwidth allotment in salivatory anticipation of your update. I really think that this will be great.

Thanks. I really mean this, thanks a million. Whatever the motivation and reasoning, it has brought happiness to my awful last two days. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

WPI20000 wrote:
    4. Guess your age .this is still in development stage but basically you answer loads of questions (when were you born, do you have any sisters usual stuff ) and apparently it knows your age
    WTF does having sisters got to do with your age?
    Make sure you patent your code for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Alarm is set for 6pm!

TheGooner wrote:
    Alarm is set for 6pm!
    Oh I thought we were all going to do some kind of online countdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

kbannon wrote:
    Oh I thought we were all going to do some kind of online countdown.

A ubiquitous online countdown. With a simile.

Save the smiles until after you see the site!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Aaaaaand we're done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement