Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio Door - minimum "escape" width?

Options
  • 26-09-2007 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭

Got a sliding door in a few years back (storm porch) in front of the front door - front door width is 30 inches approx. However, now that the sliding doors (i.e one permanently in place and other sliding) are installed the max width for exiting is only 20 inches.

Are there any regulations against this - to be honest the problem only occured to me when I could not get an old couch out the front! If it breaks fire regulations I could get the doors replaced...:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bfitz_g

Have the homebond book and looked it up for you it talks about "windows(or doors)" ......"being an unobstructed opening not less than 500mm wide" which is roughly about 20 inches, so looks like your spot on.:D

Advertisement