Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

article 7

Options
  • 26-09-2007 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

what does an article 7 look like has anyone a copy,which is the best route
    of importing a pistol irish,northen irish,german,ect dealers ,northern dealer
    told me to get a window of 4 months on the article 7 have to send of for permission to export

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

IME Germany much quicker than that. More like 4 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

Sandy22 wrote:
    IME Germany much quicker than that. More like 4 days.
    which dealer would you recommend how do they ship?,cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Article 7 is a single page form. They fill it out in the Station for you. Very little info on it: Your name and certificate pulse ID, description of firearm or ammunition, import state, reason for acquisition and the date of issue/expiry and signature of Superintendent.

Derek May does imports from Germany, usually from Frankonia.

You can also do it yourself, there's a couple of threads here describing the procedure.

Mostly they come by post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

what does an article 7 look like has anyone a copy,which is the best route
    of importing a pistol irish,northen irish,german,ect dealers ,northern dealer
    told me to get a window of 4 months on the article 7 have to send of for permission to export
    attached is a copy of mine. Edited for security reason however :D
    Take a look at the reason they put on it for import. Wickedly funny I think

Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

which dealer would you recommend how do they ship?,cheers

I was referring to the speed of the German authorities in turning round the export documentation. Mine was a private sale (via e-gun - maybe worth a look for you, but usual caveat emptor warning applies), however I think others here recommend Frankonia and Triebel, either of which you will easily find on the web.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Actually, many of the dealers already have export permits for Ireland. I know Frankonia do and I think Triebel as well. Generally in those cases all you need to do is send the Article 7 along with a copy of your passport and they'll send the firearm.

Going through a dealer can be slower as the dealer has to get an Article 11 as well. On the other hand going through a dealer takes some of the hassle off you.

An important consideration is that outside the EU, you don't need an Article 7 at all, just your licence and (usually) a copy of your passport.

Advertisement